Pre Eclampsia support
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Pre Eclampsia support

For Women & their families who have suffered with Pre Eclampsia, Eclampsia, HELLP syndrome, Pregnancy induced hypertension (PIH) and related conditions.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Really concerned now....

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
jules
Forum Friend
jules

Really concerned now.... Empty
PostSubject: Really concerned now....   Really concerned now.... EmptySat 10 Jul 2010, 6:52 am

I'm pretty worried right now. I've been away on work this week; started vomiting on thursday and now have been up all night with bad diarrhoea; pains in my stomach. I'm sure I've had some type of food poisoning; that's always a small risk when travelling and hotels or restaurants supply every meal. I phoned the maternity assessment unit at 5am this morning, and they said most likely the baby would still be ok; but she wasn't going to patronise me by telling me everything was definitely fine despite my infection! I have an appointment next wednesday but not sure I can wait even the next few days; I was feeling the baby move a little, but now that seems to have stopped. I know I'm only 15 weeks so (s)he doesn't have much power to kick and might still be splashing around happily oblivious to my illness (I hope so!)

I feel like I can't do anything right; even eating is too risky during this pregnancy (not sure I can really give that up for another hopefully 20 odd weeks though!). I feel guilty for not starving myself for a few days or taking my own food with me right now, which is just nuts really.

Sorry for the vent x
Back to top Go down
Bea's Mummy
Forum Friend

PostSubject: Re: Really concerned now....   Really concerned now.... EmptySat 10 Jul 2010, 8:13 pm

Hi Jules,
I can understand you're feeling worried...really hope everything is ok when you go for your scan, which i'm sure it will. Wednesday does still seem like a while, hopefully you'll feel the baby move before then and it will put your mind at rest.
Lizzie x
Back to top Go down
Wendles
Forum Friend
Wendles

PostSubject: Re: Really concerned now....   Really concerned now.... EmptySat 10 Jul 2010, 10:09 pm

Hi Jules

It's only natural for you to be so worried about this but there's probably no need to be. At this stage your little one has plenty room for moving around. It could well be that he/she is in a position where you can't feel him or her. Have you tried eating something sugary? This is the midwives trick for getting the baby to be more active? At my local hospital I was offered a biscuit before being wired up to baby heartbeat machines.

I remember many occasions when I was pregnant with Elliot where I couldn't feel him moving so was constantly asking the midwives to check for a heartbeat, each time everything was fine.

Babies are tougher than we think. Try to stay positive and good luck with the scan. If you really can't wait until Wednesday why not give your midwife a call on Monday and ask if they could give you a quick check up to put your mind at ease.

Wendy

Back to top Go down
emmie
Forum Friend
emmie

PostSubject: Re: Really concerned now....   Really concerned now.... EmptySun 11 Jul 2010, 10:46 am

Hi Jules,

Sorry to hear about you catching food poisoning. As the others have said it probably is nothing to worry about, even though I know you will. I got really bad flu last time around and Ricky was OK after it- these babies are tough!

Like Wendy said, try to get to see someone earlier than Wednesday if it's going to help and put your mind at rest.

Take care
Emma
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Really concerned now....   Really concerned now.... Empty

Back to top Go down

Really concerned now....
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Pre Eclampsia support :: Support :: My Worries-
Jump to: