Pre Eclampsia support
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Pre Eclampsia support

For Women & their families who have suffered with Pre Eclampsia, Eclampsia, HELLP syndrome, Pregnancy induced hypertension (PIH) and related conditions.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

OK I spoke too soon

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
nicki
Forum Friend

OK I spoke too soon Empty
PostSubject: OK I spoke too soon   OK I spoke too soon EmptyWed 25 Aug 2010, 3:01 pm

Just had my latest check-up with the midwife and my bp shot up to 140/90 and din't come down after 5 minutes. So of course she sent me for a bp series at the hospital. My bp had gone down by the time I had my first check at the hospital and generally went down (not as far as I would have liked) over an hour (120/78) , although it did spike up again when the midwife questioned me about my appointments while taking the bp. My community midewife felt that it was due to anxiety and the fact I just pushed a toddler up the hill. I had had an anxious week as I have got the time when PE eally kicked in and I was on bed restin hospital . All my signs have been fab until now. Could this all be due to just anxiety. I have tried to really keep positive- lots of yoga and rest. Anyone else got this far and then suddenly bp goes up but then settled? I'm seeing my Consultant next Wednesday. Of course everyone says 'don't worry', but I've been here before!
Nicki
Back to top Go down
Liz Pidgley
Admin
Liz Pidgley

PostSubject: Re: OK I spoke too soon   OK I spoke too soon EmptyWed 25 Aug 2010, 8:00 pm

Hi Nicki,

Sorry to hear you are so worried. Please let me assure you that BP can and does jump quite dramatically at times the minute you go near a BP machine! Its not uncommon to hear of initial BPs being around 190/100 but when taken later it has settled to a more reasonable level. Its the white coat effect!
BP will even spike if you talk throughout the reading.

If you had even a rumbling of PE, your pressures wouldnt have resolved so quickly.

If it is high again when you see your consultant - ask him to do 'baseline' PE blood. That will give a much clearer view of whats going on.

Best Wishes
Liz
Back to top Go down
http://www.preeclampsiasupport.com
nicki
Forum Friend

PostSubject: Re: OK I spoke too soon   OK I spoke too soon EmptyFri 27 Aug 2010, 11:51 am

thanks Liz - very reassuring!
Nicki
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: OK I spoke too soon   OK I spoke too soon Empty

Back to top Go down

OK I spoke too soon
Page 1 of 1