Pre Eclampsia support
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Pre Eclampsia support

For Women & their families who have suffered with Pre Eclampsia, Eclampsia, HELLP syndrome, Pregnancy induced hypertension (PIH) and related conditions.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Really annoyed!

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
emmie
Forum Friend
emmie

Really annoyed! Empty
PostSubject: Really annoyed!   Really annoyed! EmptyWed 25 Aug 2010, 3:02 pm

Sorry ladies, but this will probably turn into a bit of a rant...

Had my 16 week scan yesterday and everything was great with BP and urine, heard heartbeat and left feeling everything was good.

Anyway, got home last night and was reading through my pregnancy file and noticed on the pathway of care that the MSS test should have been done at that appointment. Was mad all night because I am obviously a high risk case and they haven't even done the basics!! Continued to look through my notes and my blood test results which my midwife had just stuck into my folder showed that my WBC result was elevated to 10.7 (normal 4.0-10.0) which I'm assuming is my white blood count and it being elevated can mean infection and also my Neut (?) was elevated to 8.2 (normal 2.0-7.0). I know these numbers aren't especially high but I can't believe she didn't go through them with me. When she put them in my folder I just assumed all was ok as she didn't mention them.

Well rang the midwifes today to go through these issues and no answer so left a message with my worries.

But, I am so MAD!! All my other care from hospital, Consultant and GP has been great, but my midwife who is team leader can't even manage the basics and now I feel I have to double check everything she does. It was just the same last time, with another midwife from the same place not testing my urine!!

Sorry if I'm being too harsh but just needed to vent.
Emma
Back to top Go down
Liz Pidgley
Admin
Liz Pidgley

Really annoyed! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Really annoyed!   Really annoyed! EmptyWed 25 Aug 2010, 8:07 pm

Hi Emma,

You vent away, its part of why we are here after all!
I agree the MW could have taken the time to go through this with you. But as you say the levels were only marginally raised and this is possibly why.

On the other hand omitting something that has been care planned is not good enough & you have every right to question what is going on & remind them that you will not take your care as glibly as they seem to be. I hope you get some satisfactory answers.

Good luck & let me know how it goes.

Best Wishes
Liz
Back to top Go down
http://www.preeclampsiasupport.com
emmie
Forum Friend
emmie

Really annoyed! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Really annoyed!   Really annoyed! EmptyFri 27 Aug 2010, 9:19 am

Thanks Liz,

Calmed down a little but still going to try to speak to someone about what happened.

Anyway, going to midwife drop in clinic today to get blood taken for test and going to ask to speak to someone about my blood results from my booking in appointment. Hate that I have to keep tabs on other people and what they're doing, but if it helps me feel better I don't care!

Thanks again for all your support
Emma
Back to top Go down
jules
Forum Friend
jules

Really annoyed! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Really annoyed!   Really annoyed! EmptyWed 01 Sep 2010, 7:37 am

I would just make sure you get everything done you want. Because I travel for work a lot I've turned up in all sorts of places demanding checks, and when I explain I had PE at 25 weeks I always receive good care. You should too!

Best wishes xx
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Really annoyed! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Really annoyed!   Really annoyed! Empty

Back to top Go down

Really annoyed!
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Pre Eclampsia support :: Support :: My Worries-
Jump to: