Pre Eclampsia support
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Pre Eclampsia support

For Women & their families who have suffered with Pre Eclampsia, Eclampsia, HELLP syndrome, Pregnancy induced hypertension (PIH) and related conditions.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

25 week appointment

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
jules
Forum Friend
jules

25 week appointment Empty
PostSubject: 25 week appointment   25 week appointment EmptyThu 16 Sep 2010, 8:34 am

Hi there, 25+1 today, feels very significant as this is when I remember starting to feel ill with Alice and first went to GP (though GP did not do the routine checks and therefore I was not actually diagnosed until 25+5 by which point my BP was 190/100 and 4+ protein).

Last couple of weeks my BP has dropped! It was about 100/60 today, no protein etc. I think I finally believe I might get further this pregnancy. Maybe even a living baby this time?

I also have a scan at 26 weeks.

For those with early onset pre-eclampsia, how often are you being seen? I have appointments at least once a week now; which is good but getting to all of them is also tiring!

Best wishes to all

Back to top Go down
Bell
Forum Friend
Bell

PostSubject: Re: 25 week appointment   25 week appointment EmptyThu 16 Sep 2010, 10:51 am

Well done on getting to 25 weeks Jules ( i'm only a few days ahead of you). Hope you don't feel too anxious over the next week or so i know it will be hard.

It was at 33 weeks my pre eclampsia came on so not really early onset but i've been seen once a week for the past month. Back for another scan tomorrow and see the consultant for the next plan of action.
Back to top Go down
emmie
Forum Friend
emmie

PostSubject: Re: 25 week appointment   25 week appointment EmptyFri 17 Sep 2010, 9:42 am

Great news Jules, long may it continue.

I'm 20 weeks tomorrow and I'm getting seen at least once a week which I'm pleased about. The anxiety has kicked in for me in a big way (as I know it has for all of us) and just can't wait until I'm (and us all) are in a 'safer' position, i.e. past 30 weeks. I'm up and down all the time, one minute thinking I can make it and the next terrified.

Hope you are doing ok and can see light at the end of the tunnel.

Take care xxx
Back to top Go down
Liz Pidgley
Admin
Liz Pidgley

PostSubject: Re: 25 week appointment   25 week appointment EmptyFri 17 Sep 2010, 1:00 pm

Many Congratulations Jules,

Long may your pregnancy continue and may you begin to actually enjoy some of it.

Warm wishes
Liz
Back to top Go down
http://www.preeclampsiasupport.com
Bea's Mummy
Forum Friend

PostSubject: Re: 25 week appointment   25 week appointment EmptyFri 17 Sep 2010, 4:33 pm

Hi Jules,
Really glad to hear that everything is going so well for you! I am being seen on a weekly basis by either the dau, midwife or GP more for my own reassurance than anything else. I am also have fortnightly scans now and blood tests. Luckily these have been clear so far which is an added reaasurance. It's so good to read all these happy posts! Emma, hope you are ok. I found it so hard from 20 weeks to now really. I am just beginning to breathe and starting to think that this baby will come home. I know you will be the same...it will get better xx
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 25 week appointment   25 week appointment Empty

Back to top Go down

25 week appointment
Page 1 of 1