Pre Eclampsia support
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Pre Eclampsia support

For Women & their families who have suffered with Pre Eclampsia, Eclampsia, HELLP syndrome, Pregnancy induced hypertension (PIH) and related conditions.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

I guess i can say my journey starts from today....

Go down 
+8
ClaireS
jules
Mossy
ingrid
smithjackie419
Bell
Liz Pidgley
thaiba2000
12 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Bell
Forum Friend
Bell

I guess i can say my journey starts from today.... - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: I guess i can say my journey starts from today....   I guess i can say my journey starts from today.... - Page 2 EmptyMon 21 Mar 2011, 8:06 pm

Glad things are going well for you.x
Back to top Go down
thaiba2000
Forum Friend
thaiba2000

PostSubject: Re: I guess i can say my journey starts from today....   I guess i can say my journey starts from today.... - Page 2 EmptyMon 21 Mar 2011, 9:11 pm

Hey guys, Hope youre all well.

Im currently 30 weeks and 5 days bounce Everything appears to be going great. Im having weekly BP/Urine checks and everything is still normal (for me). Baby is head down and has been for a while, fingers crossed it stays that way Wink

Im just so happy that ive passed the 30 weeks mark and will be 31 weeks on wednesday... Im taking it two weeks at a time and i think targeting myself is helping me alot if you get what i mean even though i feel like im wishing my pregnancy away...My next target is to get to 32 weeks Rolling Eyes

I have another growth scan at 32 weeks (Wednesday 30th March at 10.45am). Cant wait... i hope everything continues to go the way it has been.

Will keep you updated...

Thank you!
Back to top Go down
thaiba2000
Forum Friend
thaiba2000

PostSubject: Re: I guess i can say my journey starts from today....   I guess i can say my journey starts from today.... - Page 2 EmptyMon 28 Mar 2011, 9:45 am

Hi everyone...Im really worried at the moment and need some advice and some comfort. Its regarding my midwife appointment today.
Let me just start off by telling you that i didnt get a wink of sleep last night due to tossing and turning and finally when i did get to sleep it was 5am and that too was light sleep because i had to wake up at 6am for the wee... I was feeling really anxious about todays appointment...

I went to see my midwife and my BP was 133/88... She appeared a little suprised so once she did all the other checks such as listening to babys hear beat etc etc she checked my BP again and it was 115/89.

Urine was clear of protein.

Is my BP high??? My usual BP is 115-135/70-85
I was really looking forward to my scan on Wednesday but feeling really worried and scared that my bp will be like how it was today and that they will keep me in... (i think its more fear from past experiences).

She is also using an Omron (m5-1????) BP monitor. She use to use the manual one but stopped using it for about 8 weeks now... The manual one woud give good readings but then again i wouldnt know because i dont know how these things work.

Please can someone help me... Was it because i didnt get enough rest throughout the night?? Was it due to anxiety?

Back to top Go down
ClaireS
Forum Friend
ClaireS

PostSubject: Re: I guess i can say my journey starts from today....   I guess i can say my journey starts from today.... - Page 2 EmptyMon 28 Mar 2011, 11:46 am

Hi Thaiba,

I'm no expert, but when I was on home monitoring, my threshold was 140/90 - I had to ring for advice etc.. if my BP ever went over this threshold. Yours is still slightly below this so hopefully this is a good sign, and fantastic that you are clear of protein!

Hang on in there, you are doing great!

Claire x

Back to top Go down
jules
Forum Friend
jules

PostSubject: Re: I guess i can say my journey starts from today....   I guess i can say my journey starts from today.... - Page 2 EmptyMon 28 Mar 2011, 7:10 pm

I don't think you should worry too much. That is within the normal range (and normal for you asl well). Of course, if you had any headaches or other symptoms I would go in straight away whatever your BP was doing --- but so long as you are feeling fine (& baby is fine) then I think the BP is ok.

Good luck x
Back to top Go down
fiveisanawfullybignumber
Forum Friend
fiveisanawfullybignumber

PostSubject: Re: I guess i can say my journey starts from today....   I guess i can say my journey starts from today.... - Page 2 EmptyTue 29 Mar 2011, 4:08 pm

The lower number is the one to really watch (diastolic). The upper one being raised is usually a sigh that you are anxious or stressed. I know it's hard but try not to worry to much. How often are you being seen the be checked at the moment?
Back to top Go down
thaiba2000
Forum Friend
thaiba2000

PostSubject: Re: I guess i can say my journey starts from today....   I guess i can say my journey starts from today.... - Page 2 EmptyTue 29 Mar 2011, 4:19 pm

Thanks everyone for your replies...it really helps knowing ive got people who give great advice and comfort to me when i need it.

Im being checked weekly since 26 weeks of pregnancy. I have a growth scan tomorow which im so nervous about. Other than that im feeling great and my baby feels to be doing well.
Im just so nervous and worried, its just kicking in automatically... I cant believe im 32 weeks tomrow and im not in hospital for bed rest Shocked
Back to top Go down
fiveisanawfullybignumber
Forum Friend
fiveisanawfullybignumber

PostSubject: Re: I guess i can say my journey starts from today....   I guess i can say my journey starts from today.... - Page 2 EmptyTue 29 Mar 2011, 5:06 pm

It's normal to be worried. I'm not having anymore children but now I'm worrying about my own girls when they get older and have babies. Rolling Eyes Embarassed
If ever you feel like having some outdoor fun with someone who understands somewhat, I live about 1/2hrs drive from Stevenage, I think Luton is about that in the opposite direction. There is a lovely park there called Fairlands valley park. Ducks, geese, playpark and water fun park if it's really warm. A great place for a wander with the children and a picnic.
Back to top Go down
thaiba2000
Forum Friend
thaiba2000

PostSubject: Re: I guess i can say my journey starts from today....   I guess i can say my journey starts from today.... - Page 2 EmptyWed 30 Mar 2011, 2:53 pm

Well, im exactly 32 weeks today and have had my growth scan in the morning and everything seems GREAT !!! bounce

My blood pressure is fine and urine is clear of protein.

Baby is growing well and its estimated weight is 3lbs 14 ounces Very Happy Blood flow and everything is normal Very Happy

My next target is to get to 34 weeks without any problems but to be honest im so happy to be sitting at the comfort of my own home right now. In my last pregnancy i was in hospital for full bedrest from 31 weeks after being diagnosed at 30 weeks and my baby was delivered at 33 weeks... I was so sure that i was going to get admitted today, i dont know why but i guess the fear just took over my thought process.

I just cannot believe im still at home with good bps and no protein Shocked ...

Fingers crossed it stays this way.

34 weeks here i come... Wink
Back to top Go down
Liz Pidgley
Admin
Liz Pidgley

PostSubject: Re: I guess i can say my journey starts from today....   I guess i can say my journey starts from today.... - Page 2 EmptyThu 31 Mar 2011, 12:54 pm

Fabulous news Thiaba!

I agree with the other ladies, Im sure anxiety played a very big part in your BP reading!
A diagnosis (unless the reading was exceptionally high) should not be made on the basis of one reading. As you and baby were otherwise well, I dont think there is any need to worry (although I know you will until baby is safely here!)

Roll on 34 weeks and the next update!

Best Wishes
Liz
Back to top Go down
http://www.preeclampsiasupport.com
*Carole*
Forum Friend
*Carole*

PostSubject: Re: I guess i can say my journey starts from today....   I guess i can say my journey starts from today.... - Page 2 EmptyTue 05 Apr 2011, 12:17 pm

brilliant news. I love reading your updates and I'm pleased to hear that you and baby are doing fine.
Back to top Go down
smithjackie419
Forum Friend

PostSubject: Re: I guess i can say my journey starts from today....   I guess i can say my journey starts from today.... - Page 2 EmptyThu 14 Apr 2011, 5:57 pm

Hi Thaiba

I've been following your progress so I'm hoping and praying you are still going strong and are now into your 34th week of pregnancy! here's to getting to 37 weeks and getting to full term! Good luck really hope all is going well!

xxx
Back to top Go down
thaiba2000
Forum Friend
thaiba2000

PostSubject: Re: I guess i can say my journey starts from today....   I guess i can say my journey starts from today.... - Page 2 EmptyFri 15 Apr 2011, 8:39 am

Hi guys Very Happy

Well... today i am 34 weeks and 2 days and things still look fantastic. I get my BP and urine checked every week by my midwife and last monday it was 120/78 Shocked It still my normal but for the last few months been getting readings of 120-130/80-89 so seeing that really made my day because in a way im almost waiting for PE to rear its ugly head so before every appointment i thnk to myself "its going to be today, im going to get it today, im going to be admitted today" Laughing

Urine is still clear which is great and i feel on top of the world although being 8 and half months pregnant does take its toll as i have two other kids to take care of and ITS THE EASTER HOLIDAYS Rolling Eyes I feel really tired all the time. Going up and down the stairs is proving really difficult now aswell.

My husband and kids are being so good to me. Ive got to tell you something i found really amusing.... Almost every other day i ask my husband to look at my face just incase of any swelling or anything so as usual i asked my hubby one morning "how do i look today?" My 7 years old son turned around and looked at me and said "Ammu, you look beautiful, you always looks beautiful". Bless his cotton socks.

Im still eating as healthy as i can. Drinking plenty of water and using the loo ALOT too. No swelling on my hands, feet or face which is lovely because in my other two i became really big.

I know ive said it before but i still cant believe im at home but one thing that has changed, as they weeks go by im getting more and more anxious. I guess that will stay with me now until my baby is safely in my arms. Im also worried about my decision to have a VBA2C...i still want it but... i just want everything to be safe so im just going to let it go with the flow, i want my baby but really dont want another c-section Crying or Very sad

I have my final growth scan on the 27th April which i honestly didnt think i was going to make but im feeling really positive that i will make it to the scan and go even further near to my due date. I will be exactly 36 weeks at the next growth scan and will also get to see my OB to talk more about the VBA2C and other things that need to be discussed...

So...36 weeks here i come!!!!! Wink
Back to top Go down
Liz Pidgley
Admin
Liz Pidgley

PostSubject: Re: I guess i can say my journey starts from today....   I guess i can say my journey starts from today.... - Page 2 EmptyFri 15 Apr 2011, 12:47 pm

Another fantastic update Thiaba!
Im so glad things are remaining positive for you, long may it continue!

Kind wishes
Liz
Back to top Go down
smithjackie419
Forum Friend

PostSubject: Re: I guess i can say my journey starts from today....   I guess i can say my journey starts from today.... - Page 2 EmptyFri 15 Apr 2011, 2:33 pm

Thaiba this is really good news I'm so pleased for you! Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

Were you on aspirin in any of your other pregnancies? and are you on any blooding thining med's? Everything sounds really positive so I'm hoping you get to term and make it third time lucky! xxx
Back to top Go down
thaiba2000
Forum Friend
thaiba2000

PostSubject: Re: I guess i can say my journey starts from today....   I guess i can say my journey starts from today.... - Page 2 EmptyFri 15 Apr 2011, 2:43 pm

Hi Smithjackie419,

No i wasnt on Low dose aspirin in my previous pregnancies. I strongly feel a bit of anger towards that because i developed PE in my 1st pregnancy and i shouldve been given low dose asprin for my 2nd but there was no talk of it AT ALL. I didnt even know that there was some research on Low dose asprin regarding PE until i came on this site after my daughter was born.

I am not on any other blood thinners.

All im taking is 75mg L.D Aspirin and have started back on pregnacare tablets although they make me really sick. I need them because i just feel so tired all the time, i need an energy boost of some sort Very Happy

How are you hon, hows your daughter doing??? I texted you a while back but didnt get a reply, im sure you are busy with your little one. Hope all is well with you.

I hope i get to term too but im still going to take it two weeks at a time.. dont want to jinx it Wink
Back to top Go down
smithjackie419
Forum Friend

PostSubject: Re: I guess i can say my journey starts from today....   I guess i can say my journey starts from today.... - Page 2 EmptyFri 15 Apr 2011, 5:48 pm

Hi Thaiba

We're doing really well thank you! I lost / had my phone stolen a few months back so could have been when you texted - I still have the same number so feel free to text!

I too feel really angry about not being prescribed aspirin in my second pregnancy - I sort of knew about it when I was pregnant but when I mentioned it albeit not that seriously I was just told you shouldn't get PE twice and I took that as gospel Evil or Very Mad !! I did however raise my concerns through PALS after having Evie and I had an appointment with the clinical director of obsterics (lovely bloke who happened to deliever Evie) to discuss my concerns regarding the consultant who oversaw my care and not being given aspirin. To my relief he totally agreed that I should of had aspirin and did not why it wasn't even suggested. Although it doesn't change anything the positive thing is I now have a plan in place should we decide to have another baby - we can contact this chap directly for a pre conception appointment and then should we fall pregnant he will closely monitor pregnancy with lots of scans and aspirin will be prescribed before conception right through until the latter stages along with heparin. So give me a year or two and I really hope I'll be in the same situation you are.

For me though I know if I had another I wouldn't be able to have a natural birth - so it would mean yet another c section but the thought of being handed a baby straight away rather than have to be wheeled to NICU would more than make up for it! Do you know what sex the baby is? I'm sooooo excited for you - you have done so well and I know its easier said than done but try to enjoy these last few weeks Very Happy Very Happy xxx

Back to top Go down
Bell
Forum Friend
Bell

PostSubject: Re: I guess i can say my journey starts from today....   I guess i can say my journey starts from today.... - Page 2 EmptyMon 25 Apr 2011, 12:18 pm

Hi Tabitha,

So glad things are going well for you. Long may they continue.xxx
Back to top Go down
smithjackie419
Forum Friend

PostSubject: Re: I guess i can say my journey starts from today....   I guess i can say my journey starts from today.... - Page 2 EmptySat 30 Apr 2011, 10:18 pm

Hi Thaiba

I'm really hoping you're still doing well? I've been thinking about you alot and hope and pray that you are safe and well. Hopefully you're on the brink of 37 weeks !!! fingers and toes crossed for you and baba! xxx
Back to top Go down
thaiba2000
Forum Friend
thaiba2000

PostSubject: Re: I guess i can say my journey starts from today....   I guess i can say my journey starts from today.... - Page 2 EmptySun 01 May 2011, 12:44 pm

Hello everyone... Sorry i didnt update just been a little down and confused lately but still am in good health thank god.

Well im 36 weeks and 4 days today and as far as i know my bp is still looking good and urine is still clear of protein. I still have weekly checks with my midwife every Monday so fingers crossed tomrowo still shows good BP. Almost at every check i think "today is the day i get PE" Rolling Eyes

I had my final growth scan last wednesday 27th April which was followed by an appointment with my OB at the hospital antenatal clinic. What ive been down about is that he has given me until the 31st May to go into labour. They have booked a c-section on the 31st May when i will be exactly 41 weeks.... Im worried i wont labour before then. Ive alwasys said that of everything goes well with my BP etc that i would love a vba2c but i cant help but feel a bit rushed... My ob said the reason why he has put me in for a c-section is because if i dont labour before then my placenta might start to cause problems as with the other pregnancies. Ive decided to talk about this with my midwife tomorow and hopefully make another appointment with my OB at the hospital to talk about possible membrane sweeps to help things along or just change the c-section to a few days later. To be honest the thing i said im confused about is the fact that i dont know wether to just go with the c-section as i just want my little baby in my arms... I will definatly keep you all posted on what happens.

I wont let this stress me out because ive done so well this pregnancy but to be true i dont know if its me, the fantastic support of my hubby, pregnacare tablets or the miracle aspirin that has done it. The growth scan showed my baby is growing well and already weighs 5 and half pounds (estimated weight). This is the most pregnant ive ever been and in my previous pregnancies i didnt feel a thing but this one im feeling the pregnancy and all the lovely pains that come with it... Im truly loving it and i will miss being pregnant. Ive not gained weight because im watching what i eat however my bump (ive been told) is HUGE and ive got to admit it is bigger than my previous 2.

Currently i have a mild case of Diarhea, started last monday, which isnt very nice HOWEVER ive read that it could be sign that labour is close Shocked The babys head is down and last time the midwife written "brim" on my notes whatever that means. Also when i walk it feels as though the babys head is right there between my legs which makes me waddle like a duck Laughing

Back to top Go down
thaiba2000
Forum Friend
thaiba2000

PostSubject: Re: I guess i can say my journey starts from today....   I guess i can say my journey starts from today.... - Page 2 EmptyWed 11 May 2011, 7:21 am

Hey everyone, thought i would come on and update on how my pregnancy is going...

Well im exactly 38 weeks today and truly cannot believe it. Babys moving well although it feels as though its trying to squeeze out of my belly button Very Happy Ive never been at this stage before and im truly happy. Babys head is down and at last mondays checkup midwife written "3/5" on my notes. I dont know what that means but im sure it means the head is down...

Im just playing the waiting game now... Has anyone any ideas on how to induce labour naturally and safely??? Ive tried rasberry leaf tea and to be honest its quite Yuk Very Happy (sorry to those who like it). Im walking as much as i can but then again i dont want to walk so much that i risk raising my BP lol. My BP and urine have been normal which is great. Lots of people have told me that sex is the best way to go BUT how the heck will we manage that...im so tired all the time and i know my husband will be put off by the bump because hes scared he will hurt the baby. I recently contacted an ICAN support person and she told me sex was the best but please guys is there anything else that will work if i start it at 38 weeks???

Ive got until my due date to start labout naturally...I would love to feel a contraction. However i have a high threshold for pain so i probably could have one and just pass it without realising it Rolling Eyes

Ive been having these wierd sharp pains down below, not all the time but they come on suddenly and prevent me from walking for a few minutes, is this what they call lightening pains???

I cant wait to hold my baby in my arms...i really cannot wait!
Back to top Go down
Liz Pidgley
Admin
Liz Pidgley

PostSubject: Re: I guess i can say my journey starts from today....   I guess i can say my journey starts from today.... - Page 2 EmptyWed 11 May 2011, 10:26 am

Hi Thiaba,

Its really lovely to hear you so exited after all this time!

No definate guarantees on inducing labour - sex is known to work due to the proteins in the semen helping to soften the cervix. But exactly who it works for is still 'hit and miss'...as for the logistics of the event - well you will just have to be creative! Wink

There are the tales of hot curries, using a birthing ball and many more - here is a link that might be worth a look, if only for the laugh!
On a serious note - do check with the MW or GP if something sounds adventurous or if you are concerned!
Start Labour Naturally

Keep us posted...on your pregnancy!

Best Wishes
Liz
Back to top Go down
thaiba2000
Forum Friend
thaiba2000

PostSubject: Re: I guess i can say my journey starts from today....   I guess i can say my journey starts from today.... - Page 2 EmptyFri 20 May 2011, 8:56 am

Ok so a quick update... has to be quick because i will explain why later on...

Im currently 39+2 weeks and BP and everything are still great. Baby moving ok but unfortuenatly baby has been back to back since 36 weeks and hasnt budged...

I had my 1st Sweep on wednesday when i was exactly 39 weeks and things werent too good because my cervix was way too high up and not effaced AT ALL. I was so upset. I have another booked for next week one day past my due date.

However since yesterday 3pm ive been having these wierd back pains which never went away and then from 10 pm had an intense burning sensation in my whole back and spine. Really wasnt vey comfy at all. Went to bed at 11pm thinking laying down will help but didnt get a wink of sleep. Woke up this morning called the hospital and they said it MIGHT be the start of labour but to wait a little longer for the pain to go across the tummy rather than just the back. They told me to have paracetamol and to have a hot bath. It could be a false alarm but the main worry is ive never been though labour before and i know i have a high threshold for pain... I still have the pain in my back.

Im sorry if i havent made sense but im so tired because i didnt sleep at all last night...

Will let you all know what happens. Im not getting excited about it all yet because it could be nothing...

Back to top Go down
Liz Pidgley
Admin
Liz Pidgley

PostSubject: Re: I guess i can say my journey starts from today....   I guess i can say my journey starts from today.... - Page 2 EmptyFri 20 May 2011, 10:56 am

Ooooohhhh Thiaba - it does sound exiting to me!

Best Wishes
Liz
Back to top Go down
thaiba2000
Forum Friend
thaiba2000

PostSubject: Re: I guess i can say my journey starts from today....   I guess i can say my journey starts from today.... - Page 2 EmptySun 22 May 2011, 8:17 am

Nope, definately a false alarm.... Sad i thought i would have my baby in my arms by now but obviously he/she is too cosy inside and doesnt want to come out lol.

Im a bit dissappointed but hey, i guess it will come out when its ready. This is the 1st time ive had a baby inside me for this long so im ok with it but i sure do hope it comes out before my due date or on the date... i have a c-section booked for the 31st which im not happy about but lets just see what happens.

Has anyone used Evenong primrose oil to soften the cervix??? Just asking for an opinion but im going to speak to my own midwife about this at tomrows check up.

Im currently 39 weeks and 4 days Shocked WELL I NEVER! lol Fingers crossed my baby stays healthy inside me until its ready to say hello to the world!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: I guess i can say my journey starts from today....   I guess i can say my journey starts from today.... - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

I guess i can say my journey starts from today....
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next