Pre Eclampsia support
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Pre Eclampsia support

For Women & their families who have suffered with Pre Eclampsia, Eclampsia, HELLP syndrome, Pregnancy induced hypertension (PIH) and related conditions.

HomeHome  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Hope in 2nd pregnancy

Go down 
+5
HelenA
Penny
milliesmummy
Liz Pidgley
purplestunner
9 posters
AuthorMessage
purplestunner
Forum Friend
purplestunner

Hope in 2nd pregnancy Empty
PostSubject: Hope in 2nd pregnancy   Hope in 2nd pregnancy EmptyMon 02 Jun 2008, 10:15 am

Hi everyone

I had my Tamsin in 2003 born at 28 weeks emergency c-section due to severe PE. After 2 months in hospital she came home absolutely fine and is now a gorgeous 4 year old!!

I am currently pregnant! I'm 35 weeks pregnant!! With no signs of PE and have been told by my consultant that I can have a spontaenous VBAC (Vaginal Birth after Caesarian).
I'm having another little girl who on the scan at 34 weeks is pretty big!

I will keep you posted, but i cannot express how different this preganancy has been compared to last time. I'm still guarding my thoughts and feelings, just in case, and will surely have an emotional episode when she arrives, but there is hope!!!

Emma xxx
Back to top Go down
Liz Pidgley
Admin
Liz Pidgley

PostSubject: Re: Hope in 2nd pregnancy   Hope in 2nd pregnancy EmptyMon 02 Jun 2008, 10:44 am

Hi Emma,

Great to 'see' you here!
Thanks for your post, its really encouraging to know that 35 weeks pregnant & no sign of you know what raising its head!
Looking forward to an exciting new arrivals announcement!
Warm Wishes
Liz

milliesmummy
Forum Friend

PostSubject: Re: Hope in 2nd pregnancy   Hope in 2nd pregnancy EmptyMon 02 Jun 2008, 1:03 pm

thats brilliant im glad your doing so well. it gives me hope that not all subsequant pregnancies will be the same as the first and maybe one day i could have another baby x x flower
Back to top Go down
Penny
Forum Friend
Penny

PostSubject: Re: Hope in 2nd pregnancy   Hope in 2nd pregnancy EmptyWed 04 Jun 2008, 8:38 am

Em... Am still keeping it all crossed for you hun,
Lovely to hear an update.

Loads of luck,

Pen xx
Back to top Go down
HelenA
Forum Friend
HelenA

PostSubject: Re: Hope in 2nd pregnancy   Hope in 2nd pregnancy EmptyWed 04 Jun 2008, 3:02 pm

Hi Emma, its so nice to know that you've got to 35 weeks with no problems. I hope the rest of your pregnancy is complication free. Good luck.
Back to top Go down
becky83
Forum Friend
becky83

PostSubject: Re: Hope in 2nd pregnancy   Hope in 2nd pregnancy EmptyThu 05 Jun 2008, 10:36 am

That is fantastic news! Good luck with the rest of your pregnancy x x
Back to top Go down
ingrid
Forum Friend
ingrid

PostSubject: Re: Hope in 2nd pregnancy   Hope in 2nd pregnancy EmptyThu 05 Jun 2008, 2:57 pm

Great news Em know how you feel Samantha now 37 weeks 1 day (classed as full term) and no sign of PE like you she has said this pregnancy so different from last time fingers crossed all goes well keep us updated

take care
Ingrid

Grandmother to Briannah born asleep 2006 due to severe PE
second grandchild due June 28th
Back to top Go down
purplestunner
Forum Friend
purplestunner

PostSubject: is it about to go wonky??   Hope in 2nd pregnancy EmptyWed 11 Jun 2008, 7:41 pm

Hi everyone

Now 36+ (yeah)

BUT over weekend had pains in my rib cage just on the right hand side, and also in my lower back kidney area, plus headaches.
So went up the hosp on monday. Everything ok, trace of protein in urine and they think its just ligaments but not sure Rolling Eyes . Also sent urine off for possible water infection come back today.

So went up today BP fine, another trace in urine but this time also urine from monday comes back saying increased cells, but no one knows what this means, pale so have given yet another sample and have to go back on Friday. Friday being Friday 13th Twisted Evil (not that i'm supersticious - much)

So feeling somewhat nervous that it may be about to go a bit wonky. Hopefully update on Friday after been to day unit but unsure. I just have a feeling they will ask me to stay for obs and then will end up staying put till baby comes. Dunno why - just have a feeling.

Once get to Sunday will be 37 weeks and officially full term. Fingers crossed!! xxxx

sorry to sound paranoid!!
Back to top Go down
Lesley
Forum Friend
Lesley

PostSubject: Re: Hope in 2nd pregnancy   Hope in 2nd pregnancy EmptyWed 11 Jun 2008, 9:05 pm

Sorry to hear things are starting to get a bit stressed love. I hope you have some good news by the weekend. Keep in touch and let us know how you get on. Hopefully you are on the home straight now.

Lesley xxx

P.S. Love the avatar, I was beginning to think I was the only one! flower
Back to top Go down
becky83
Forum Friend
becky83

PostSubject: Re: Hope in 2nd pregnancy   Hope in 2nd pregnancy EmptyThu 12 Jun 2008, 1:44 pm

good luck for friday hunni, will be thinking of you x x
Back to top Go down
ingrid
Forum Friend
ingrid

PostSubject: Re: Hope in 2nd pregnancy   Hope in 2nd pregnancy EmptyThu 12 Jun 2008, 6:32 pm

Hi Emma
Samantha panicked 2 weeks ago having trace protien in her wee also + in something else but forgot what the word is but consultant said probarbly some muck while weeing Samantha was not impressed ( I was laughing) she thought he meant she was not clean lol! but this week all is clear and Sam is being induced on the 23rd cheers everything else is fine bp fine has still lost all her weight and still has not put any back on she will weigh less than when she started her pregnancy

good luck to you and I hope everything goes well at least they are looking after you

Take care

Ingrid xx

grandmother to Brianna born asleep at 26 weeks due to severe PE
Grandson due 26th
Back to top Go down
Liz Pidgley
Admin
Liz Pidgley

PostSubject: Re: Hope in 2nd pregnancy   Hope in 2nd pregnancy EmptyFri 13 Jun 2008, 11:30 am

Hi Emma & Ingrid,

Ingrid I am so happy to hear Sam is doing well. I look forward to hearing of a new arrival on the 24th! I did laugh though at the image you created in my mind at her thoughts of the doctor describing a possible contamination!!!!

Emma, follow your instincts. It is really hard when things start to go wonky to stay 'intact'. Is it possible for you to have some dipsticks so that you can monitor yourself at home? It might just offer you a little more reassurance at this point? You know yourself when something isnt right, better than the first time around anyway and this is your safety net. If you are not happy - keep banging the door until someone listens. Dont worry about feeling daft, as I have said to women before, if your baby was actually here and potentially unwell, would you allow yourself to be fobbed off then?
I suspect not. So what is the difference that s/he isnt actually born yet?

I hope that PE doesnt raise its head again & that you will get the birth plan you dream of and baby can nestle safely in your arms where s/he belongs.

Let me know if I can help.

Warmest Wishes
Liz

mouse
Forum Friend
mouse

PostSubject: Re: Hope in 2nd pregnancy   Hope in 2nd pregnancy EmptyMon 16 Jun 2008, 8:52 pm

Dear Emma, hope Friday 13th went OK for you - look forward to hearing an update soon.
Will be looking out for your news & keeping everything crossed for you.
Liz is right (as always) - go with your instincts & don't take no for an answer until you're happy.
Lots of love
Mouse xx
Back to top Go down
Penny
Forum Friend
Penny

PostSubject: Re: Hope in 2nd pregnancy   Hope in 2nd pregnancy EmptyFri 20 Jun 2008, 3:43 pm

Hi Em,
Well back from my hols and was keen to find out how you are doing? hope friday went ok hun.

Pen xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Back to top Go down
purplestunner
Forum Friend
purplestunner

PostSubject: Re: Hope in 2nd pregnancy   Hope in 2nd pregnancy EmptyMon 23 Jun 2008, 9:00 am

Hi everyone,

appologies for not getting back you sooner.

Friday was okay, i was there 4 hours for blood tests etc as bp is creeping up and got cracking headaches (still got those!!) but they seem happy enough with me. Back again today and consultant tomorrow. But am now 38 weeks!!

Ingrid best wishes for Sam today!!! Very Happy

xxx
Back to top Go down
Liz Pidgley
Admin
Liz Pidgley

PostSubject: Re: Hope in 2nd pregnancy   Hope in 2nd pregnancy EmptyMon 23 Jun 2008, 2:47 pm

Hi Emma,

Glad to hear you & baby are still doing well, despite the headaches & BP misbehaving. Have they said anything about inducing you?

Hi too, to Ingrid.
Thinking of you, Sam & Brianna today.
I hope Sams induction & grandsons birth go smoothly.

Best Wishes
Liz

Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Hope in 2nd pregnancy   Hope in 2nd pregnancy Empty

Back to top Go down

Hope in 2nd pregnancy
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Pre Eclampsia support :: Support :: My Worries-
Jump to: