I can't help you but can only offer my thoughts on it as don't actually have experience of it myself...
I am in the situation that I would like a vbac this time if the opportunity arises, which means that in order for this to happen I will need to go into labour naturally (inducing increases risk of rupture, and I am not willing to do that), and pe also needs to stay away. I am also not willing to take the risk of going over due...my placenta could have had enough by then. My consultant is willing to see if I am favourable for membrane sweeps at 38/39 ish weeks if nothing happens I will have a section. As long as baby is safe and sound I will be happy.
I really believe that you cannot plan for your delivery too much or get your hopes up for something too much...it really is a case of 'wait and see' nearer the time.