Pre Eclampsia support
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Pre Eclampsia support

For Women & their families who have suffered with Pre Eclampsia, Eclampsia, HELLP syndrome, Pregnancy induced hypertension (PIH) and related conditions.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Growth scan

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Bea's Mummy
Forum Friend

Growth scan  Empty
PostSubject: Growth scan    Growth scan  EmptyFri 15 Oct 2010, 3:46 pm

I had my 31 week growth scan on Tuesday. Up to this point, babies growth has been brilliant. He has always been 2/3 weeks ahead abdominally, which has put him on the 95/97th centile. Anyway, at this scan his abdominal growth has slowed. It is now estimated to be 65th centile ish and only a week ahead. He has gained 8oz in 2 weeks which puts him at approx 3lb 10oz. I am not showing any other signs yet but consultant is going to scan again a wk on Tuesday to see if it is growth restriction or just a lull in growth. If it is restriction, we have been very lucky that he has gained so much weight early on and also he is still gaining for now. Hopefully, we have a few more weeks! I feel like i'm just being paranoid and that most babies growth must change alot but nobody knows about it. Anyone else have experience of this? Doppler is still good...

Lizzie
Back to top Go down
emmie
Forum Friend
emmie

Growth scan  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Growth scan    Growth scan  EmptySat 16 Oct 2010, 4:42 pm

Hi Lizzie,

Don't really have any advice to offer, but it sounds great that your little man is still growing and the dopplers are still good. I know babies have growth spurts and then lulls in their growth so I'm sure it is probably just something to do with that. However, it's great that your Consultant is keeping such a close eye on it!

If it is the start of something then at least your little boy has already reached a fairly good weight, and the main positive is he is still growing. Also, remember scans aren't 100% correct.

I really hope someone comes along who has more knowlege of this, but remember you're in a good place both with how you're being cared for and gestation.

Hope you're ok. Take care.
Emma
Back to top Go down
Bea's Mummy
Forum Friend

Growth scan  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Growth scan    Growth scan  EmptySat 16 Oct 2010, 5:48 pm

Thanks Emma, you are right. To be honest, if someone had told me 6 months ago I would get this far I would have been over the moon!! Time will tell I suppose...we are in a good place, like you say Smile Hope you are still well. What did you decide with work? I managed to be signed off since Sept which has been great...my doctor has been very understanding.

Lizzie
Back to top Go down
jules
Forum Friend
jules

Growth scan  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Growth scan    Growth scan  EmptyMon 18 Oct 2010, 8:17 am

Hi lizzie,

Like Emmie says, the growth scans are not really all that accurate anyway - and my understanding is they are less accurate as the baby gets bigger. So maybe this is just nothing at all, or maybe your baby was never destined to be really quite that big and is moving closer to the average now as you get closer to term.

I hope the next scan goes well

Good luck x
Back to top Go down
emmie
Forum Friend
emmie

Growth scan  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Growth scan    Growth scan  EmptyTue 19 Oct 2010, 3:11 pm

Glad you're feeling a bit better Lizzie, let us know how you get on with your follow up scan.

I did get signed off work without asking really, which was good. My Doctor gave me a sick note for a month when I started getting a racing pulse. I am so pleased really because just relaxing, taking it easy and concentrating on me! I'm going back to see him tomorrow to ask for another one because now I've been diagnosed with GD as well as all the worries about PE I really can't face work- head's all over! Aarrgh!

So pleased for you on reaching this far, only another 8,9 weeks to go!
Back to top Go down
Liz Pidgley
Admin
Liz Pidgley

Growth scan  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Growth scan    Growth scan  EmptyWed 20 Oct 2010, 10:41 am

Hi Lizzie,

I have to agree with the other ladies here.
Scans are subjective at best - and are only as good as the sonographer that is interpreting it.
Babies do grow in spurts just as they do once they are born.
The difference for women who have had PE is that every scan, blood test, BP recording is so scrutinised (by ourselves) that sometimes we can forget how normal things should be.
Every gram is important information because it offers us the reassurance that PE is being held at bay....it reminds us that we and our babies are safe....and this is essential.

Its essential for our own emotional health as well as our physical health.

I hope the next scan offers you more reassurance.

Best wishes
Liz
Back to top Go down
http://www.preeclampsiasupport.com
Sponsored content

Growth scan  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Growth scan    Growth scan  Empty

Back to top Go down

Growth scan
Page 1 of 1