Pre Eclampsia support
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Pre Eclampsia support

For Women & their families who have suffered with Pre Eclampsia, Eclampsia, HELLP syndrome, Pregnancy induced hypertension (PIH) and related conditions.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Need to explain

Go down 
+7
emma29
clearmoonlight13
ingrid
Lacey
Penny
Nicki D
Liz Pidgley
11 posters
AuthorMessage
Liz Pidgley
Admin
Liz Pidgley

Need to explain Empty
PostSubject: Need to explain   Need to explain EmptyThu 05 Jun 2008, 10:42 am

Hi all,

Im really sorry but Im going to get on my soap box a bit here.

Its about the other site....Ive just read the new CEOs post about 'problems' and am livid.

I wanted you all to know that when I was made redundant she did not even have the courtesy to at least phone me - I was told of my prospect by email.
Even after the event - not one person from the organbisation phoned me to say how are you, have you any questions etc....

Despite just how devasted I was at the news of losing my job, I was even more worried that you would all be left without support.

Because of that I offered to stay on as a volunteer (as I have volunteered for the organisation for over 10 years) and run the site. I was told quite clearly 'No' before being locked out of the forum altogether.

I watched the forum for a couple of weeks and noticed that new members accounts were not being activated and your questions were not being replied to.

I tried asking again but felt she wanted me to have nothing to do with the organisation any more.
To be honest, this makes me question 'why'? And that is an answer only she knows for sure.

All I can say to you - is that my intentions were always honourable and I have never done - nor would do - anything to bring the integrity of any organisation (especially a cause I am so passionate about) into disrepute.

I suppose I just wanted to say, Im sorry for the way we were all treated. But that is also why I set up this site - so that the support is available from some where & from someone who cares enough about the effects of this condition because I have 'been there' too.

Sorry if it sounds like 'sour grapes', but I do hope you will understand.
Thanks for all your good wishes.

Liz
Back to top Go down
http://www.preeclampsiasupport.com
Nicki D
Forum Friend
Nicki D

Need to explain Empty
PostSubject: Re: Need to explain   Need to explain EmptyThu 05 Jun 2008, 7:04 pm

Liz,

I cannot believe how appallingly you've been treated - totally without an ounce of common decency towards you as a dedicated, caring individual, or any thought for the welfare of the community of users.

I have to say when I read 'the other post', I felt that it was trite and patronising, and was totally focussed on the writers needs and wants, not on the needs of the community that the forum was set up to support.

I was so glad when you set up this forum, I truly know that you care about each and every one of us, and I feel loved.

Thank you for being you

Nicki
Back to top Go down
Penny
Forum Friend
Penny

Need to explain Empty
PostSubject: Re: Need to explain   Need to explain EmptyThu 05 Jun 2008, 7:40 pm

Well Said Nicki !!!!! cheers

Cant even begin to explain my feelings as well as Nicki did but ditto everything she says.

I am so pleased you have set this site up and i think the amount of posts already speak for themselves how much support you have.

I dont blame you at all for feeling the way you do and i think you have been treated appallingly and have done a great job of holding your head high as you should.

here's to you Liz, your dedication is phenomenal (sp?)

Love Penny xx
Back to top Go down
Lacey
Forum Friend

Need to explain Empty
PostSubject: Re: Need to explain   Need to explain EmptyThu 05 Jun 2008, 7:47 pm

Hi Liz,

I read that post on the other forum late last night and posted to say thank you for offering explanations. It was outrageous that nobody was looking after that forum or answering questions, afterall, whatever politics affect a charity they have to remember that they are there to serve a need within the community.

Now knowing that you offered to volunteer your very committed services and they refused your offer is disgusting.

The fact you were told by email, after everything you have done - paid or not - is unforgivable.

I'm so glad you have set up this forum. Even though we still haven't made the decision to try for another baby, this forum and your support will be and is a factor in that process. Words can't really express just how much this support means to me and I'm sure many others.

I'm beginning to regret posting my reply on that forum but I wanted to say to them that neglecting the forum was not acceptable under any circumstances.

Sorry if my reply has caused you any worries Liz, I will always back you and the support you give. You truly are the voice for so many people who have suffered this appalling condition.

Best wishes

Lacey x
Back to top Go down
ingrid
Forum Friend
ingrid

Need to explain Empty
PostSubject: Re: Need to explain   Need to explain EmptyThu 05 Jun 2008, 8:04 pm

Hi Liz

Rant all you want I think it is appalling the way they treated you and us the community Evil or Very Mad

Because of your dedication and understanding of PE you have set up this forum cheers I would like to thank you very much.

Ingridx

Grandmother to Briannah born asleep 2006 due to severe PE
Grandson due 26th June
Back to top Go down
clearmoonlight13
Forum Friend
clearmoonlight13

Need to explain Empty
PostSubject: Re: Need to explain   Need to explain EmptyFri 06 Jun 2008, 2:46 pm

Dear Liz
I too am shocked at the way you have been treated! I have noticed and even posted about the lack of response for queries placed on the other forum. It just seemed to me that there was no one moderating it or trying to help - which is the idea of the forum.
Then, I received your email annoucing this new forum. I have to say, once I joined this community I stopped visiting the other one.
Ever since I recovered from HELLP, I have felt this need to share my experience and help people that are going through similar. However, the last forum, since all the changes, is no longer a place I feel confortable with.
Unfortunately this is what happens when other issues become more important... the people that have been so fundamental before are pushed to the side, bad decisions are made in order to allow for more fundings... I have seen it before.
The fact that you started this new forum already shows your intentions of helping, and I don't think any of us that joined here need you to state them - I am so grateful for all the help and advice you offered in the past!!
I know you must feel very hurt with the way things went, but don't let that stop your determination, since you are right in thinking and doing as you do - and the proof is in this brilliant community that is forming here.
Well done, thank you for being there always
xxx
Back to top Go down
emma29
Forum Friend
emma29

Need to explain Empty
PostSubject: Re: Need to explain   Need to explain EmptyFri 06 Jun 2008, 8:33 pm

Hi Liz

Just wanted to say how disgusted i am by the way you have been treated its really terrible after all the hard work and support you have given.

I just want to say thank you for setting up this forum its really good to know you are there for trusted advice and support. Its helped me greatly as sometimes its difficult to get answers but you always there and i've not doubt when we hopefully get pregnant in the future you will be there again xxx
Back to top Go down
HelenA
Forum Friend
HelenA

Need to explain Empty
PostSubject: Re: Need to explain   Need to explain EmptySat 07 Jun 2008, 11:07 am

I agree wholeheartedly with what the others have said. It seems that the name the new CEO, who treated Liz so badly, has chosen for herself is very apt-bodicea, whom I believe rode roughshod over everyone!!!!
Back to top Go down
purplestunner
Forum Friend
purplestunner

Need to explain Empty
PostSubject: Re: Need to explain   Need to explain EmptySun 08 Jun 2008, 9:55 pm

Hear Hear I agree!!!! cheers

Liz, you're a star!! lol!

Its just a shame that some silly person (i'll name no names) can't see it and won't see it.

We're all here for you too you know!!

Emma xx
Back to top Go down
Fran1
New User

Need to explain Empty
PostSubject: Re: Need to explain   Need to explain EmptyFri 13 Jun 2008, 9:55 am

Hi Liz

I am very grateful that you have set up this site. Through the other forum I received a lot of support during my second pregnancy and it is nice to know that this same support will now be available here for other people in a similar situation in the future.

I've noticed that the post that Ingrid put up on the other forum with a link to this one has been deleted. It's a shame because now it will not be easy for new people to find this forum.

Thanks again.

Fran1
Back to top Go down
Liz Pidgley
Admin
Liz Pidgley

Need to explain Empty
PostSubject: Re: Need to explain   Need to explain EmptyFri 13 Jun 2008, 11:16 am

Hi every one,

Thank you all for your replies and for such supportive messages.

I am currently looking into setting up a proper website to make this one 'Google-able' and therefore easy to find.
I too had noticed the link from the other site removed.

I have to say I was extremely disappointed at how the other organisation had treated everyone in the community and I told them so.

But here we are and life has to evolve. Maybe together we can add some fabulous new threads to this forum - I already have a few ideas & am waiting on some replies....so do keep popping in!

Once again, from the bottom of my heart, Thank you for your support.

Warmest Wishes
Liz
Back to top Go down
http://www.preeclampsiasupport.com
mouse
Forum Friend
mouse

Need to explain Empty
PostSubject: Re: Need to explain   Need to explain EmptyMon 16 Jun 2008, 9:06 pm

Big thank you Liz for setting up this forum & for standing up to those in the previous organisation. I can't believe how badly you were treated after so many years of help & support - I'm glad so many people have come over here.
I think it's amazing that you're giving this level of support as a volunteer & wanted to suggest setting up "charter membership" - I've seen it on other forums & it's where people can make a (suggested) donation to help with admin costs & cover some of your time. I would be happy to be the first one to sign up!
I will also try to think of fundraising ideas & may try to send my dad on another marathon..
Very Happy
Lots of love
Mouse xx
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Need to explain Empty
PostSubject: Re: Need to explain   Need to explain Empty

Back to top Go down

Need to explain
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Pre Eclampsia support :: Support :: I need to rant!-