Pre Eclampsia support
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Pre Eclampsia support

For Women & their families who have suffered with Pre Eclampsia, Eclampsia, HELLP syndrome, Pregnancy induced hypertension (PIH) and related conditions.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Update - admitted to hospital now but not for PE

Go down 
+3
joolsw1
Liz Pidgley
jules
7 posters
AuthorMessage
jules
Forum Friend
jules

Update - admitted to hospital now but not for PE Empty
PostSubject: Update - admitted to hospital now but not for PE   Update - admitted to hospital now but not for PE EmptyTue 14 Dec 2010, 1:27 pm

Hi, just wanted to let you know I am now in hospital for the rest of pregnancy due to transverse lie - its seems that has been causing me the side pain. My baby has been head down and deep in the pelvis every scan from 30-36 weeks, and I've had them every 2 weeks - so I'm a bit upset the little tinker has moved around this late on after being well positioned most of the 3rd trimester. I'm glad I persisted complaining because its only that that persuaded them to do another scan today; I wasn't scheduled any more past 36 weeks as growth and everything has been good.

I didn't really want a c-section (but whatever... I don't really care that much so long as we are both ok)... but that's now booked in for next wednesday now. Good luck to everyone else x
Back to top Go down
Liz Pidgley
Admin
Liz Pidgley

PostSubject: Re: Update - admitted to hospital now but not for PE   Update - admitted to hospital now but not for PE EmptyTue 14 Dec 2010, 1:38 pm

Hi Jules,

Thanks for the update;

Im not sure whether to congratulate you or not!
Im am really pleased that you persisited & got the extra scan which finally showed what your pain was so well done for standing your grounds. Mums really do know best!
But, "Boooo" to the fact the little one has moved and a C section is now on the cards.

I think in balance though, you are in the right place. Right for you in terms of any changes can be acted upon immediatley.

I hope the next Wednesday comes & goes smoothly & little on can be safely in your arms.
So congratulations on a date for her arrival.

Warmest Wishes
Liz
Back to top Go down
http://www.preeclampsiasupport.com
joolsw1
Forum Friend
joolsw1

PostSubject: Re: Update - admitted to hospital now but not for PE   Update - admitted to hospital now but not for PE EmptyTue 14 Dec 2010, 5:54 pm

Hi Jules,
Sorry you are now in hospital until little one arrives but thank goodness they listened eventually and re scanned you.
Good luck for next Wednesday. We will all be thinking of you. You have had such a long and terrible journey to get to this stage and I just wish you all the best for next week when you will be holding you baby in your arms at long last.
Love Jools. x
Back to top Go down
emmie
Forum Friend
emmie

PostSubject: Re: Update - admitted to hospital now but not for PE   Update - admitted to hospital now but not for PE EmptyWed 15 Dec 2010, 6:37 pm

Hi Jules,

At least you're in the right place, they're looking after you and you know when you'll meet your little girl, but sorry you have to have a stay in hospital. Just think, this time next week your baby might be here- so exciting!!

All the luck in the world for next week- can't wait to hear your birth story.

Take care
Love Emma xx
Back to top Go down
jules
Forum Friend
jules

PostSubject: Re: Update - admitted to hospital now but not for PE   Update - admitted to hospital now but not for PE EmptyThu 16 Dec 2010, 2:39 pm

Thanks everyone. It is very hard being back admitted on an ante-natal ward (when that is where Alice died), but I am ok. Have sneaked out to Stabucks to use the internet (don't worry - only 5 minutes away if anything happened fast!).

They were talking about having to do a classical caeasrean today as the baby's spine is the presenting part! Sounds a bit scary but I don't have the options now so trying to accept this.

Will update again next week

Thanks for all the messages of support x
Back to top Go down
Bell
Forum Friend
Bell

PostSubject: Re: Update - admitted to hospital now but not for PE   Update - admitted to hospital now but not for PE EmptyThu 16 Dec 2010, 9:49 pm

Hi Jules,

Good luck with the C section and look forward to reading your good news.xxx
Back to top Go down
Liz Pidgley
Admin
Liz Pidgley

PostSubject: Re: Update - admitted to hospital now but not for PE   Update - admitted to hospital now but not for PE EmptyFri 17 Dec 2010, 12:01 pm

Hi Jules,

I can imagine how hard it is being in the same place when PE struck last time & took your darling little girl.
It is different this time though, you are in charge and you are well equipped now to make a fuss to protect you & your baby. That is what is so unfair with PE, it sneaks up and primarily looks for first time Mums who dont know how things should be.

From a 'patient' point of view, really the only thing different with a classical section is where they make the cut across the uterus and this means ant subsequent pregnancy would mean another C-section.
From a recovery point of view there is no difference either, so please try not to worry.

I know I appreciate your slipping away to Starbucks & Im sure the other ladies here do too! So have another Mocha and enjoy your respite!

Looking forward to hearing some happy news.

Warm wishes
Liz
Back to top Go down
http://www.preeclampsiasupport.com
ClaireS
Forum Friend
ClaireS

PostSubject: Re: Update - admitted to hospital now but not for PE   Update - admitted to hospital now but not for PE EmptyFri 17 Dec 2010, 2:36 pm

Hi Jules
Hang on in there, you have done brilliantly!
Look forward to hearing your news.

Claire x
Back to top Go down
amanda9
Forum Friend

PostSubject: Re: Update - admitted to hospital now but not for PE   Update - admitted to hospital now but not for PE EmptySat 18 Dec 2010, 9:50 am

not long to wait now - and Jules I had a classic c-section because of the way Amy was lying and because she was so early. I recovered very quickly ...... do listen the the physio and do all the exercises though. they really helped!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Update - admitted to hospital now but not for PE   Update - admitted to hospital now but not for PE Empty

Back to top Go down

Update - admitted to hospital now but not for PE
Page 1 of 1