Pre Eclampsia support
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Pre Eclampsia support

For Women & their families who have suffered with Pre Eclampsia, Eclampsia, HELLP syndrome, Pregnancy induced hypertension (PIH) and related conditions.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Question

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Robby
Forum Friend

Question Empty
PostSubject: Question   Question EmptySun 26 Jun 2011, 6:08 pm

Hello,
I just had a quick question, I hope it is not silly. I read in other posts that preclampsia in future pregnancies if it returns it could return few weeks later. I was wondering if this estimate is with taking aspirin or not?

It is just worrying me as I had my little Rosie at 25+6 if it comes a couple of weeks after is still very early if they have to induce again.

I hope this makes sense.

Thanks again.
Robby
Back to top Go down
Mossy
Forum Friend
Mossy

Question Empty
PostSubject: Re: Question   Question EmptyMon 27 Jun 2011, 7:08 am

Well I had my 1st at 31 weeks (although I think I had developed PE several weeks before this). I got to 38+2 with my second. PE free! However, I did have my aspirin dose doubled at 22 weeks due to notching and blood flow issues.
Back to top Go down
Robby
Forum Friend

Question Empty
PostSubject: Re: Question   Question EmptySun 24 Jul 2011, 9:30 pm

Hello Liz,

sorry to bother you again, I was wondering if you could please answer the above, i think it just got lost, thank you again.

I hope everything is going well with your court case.

Thanks

Robby
Back to top Go down
Liz Pidgley
Admin
Liz Pidgley

Question Empty
PostSubject: Re: Question   Question EmptyMon 25 Jul 2011, 11:31 am

Hi Robby,

Im sorry I did miss this thread - thanks for the nudge!

Yes it is based partly on aspirin, but also because of the increased knowledge of Mum and her care providers.

PE can often have warning signs which are so subtle they can be missed, in a second pregnancy though Mum is usually so knowledgeable and 'on guard' that it is picked up much earlier and managed more effectively.

You are right that if PE does recur at the 2 weeks later than before you would be 27+6 which as you say, is still to early. But that is if it recurs. Many women here will tell you about the worry they have been through dusring a second pregnancy waiting for the 'time bomb' to go off again - and it doesnt. Many will even tell you that they have set the goal they would like to reach, gone sailing past it and then dared to enjoy the remainder of the pregnancy.

You are doing all the right things, arming yourself with knowledge, it is the best defence against this horrid condition.
Close monitoring - even at home might help you feel more in charge of your pregnancy.

I hope this helps.

Best Wishes
Liz
Back to top Go down
http://www.preeclampsiasupport.com
Robby
Forum Friend

Question Empty
PostSubject: Re: Question   Question EmptyWed 03 Aug 2011, 10:13 am

Hello,

sorry for the delayed reply. Just wanted to say thank you!

Robby
Back to top Go down
Liz Pidgley
Admin
Liz Pidgley

Question Empty
PostSubject: Re: Question   Question EmptyWed 03 Aug 2011, 10:14 am

you are welcome Robby!

I hope your pregnancy is progessing well and with no hiccups!

Best Wishes
Liz
Back to top Go down
http://www.preeclampsiasupport.com
Sponsored content

Question Empty
PostSubject: Re: Question   Question Empty

Back to top Go down

Question
Page 1 of 1