Pre Eclampsia support
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Pre Eclampsia support

For Women & their families who have suffered with Pre Eclampsia, Eclampsia, HELLP syndrome, Pregnancy induced hypertension (PIH) and related conditions.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

26 weeks and feeling anxious

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Liz Pidgley
Admin
Liz Pidgley

26 weeks and feeling anxious Empty
PostSubject: Re: 26 weeks and feeling anxious   26 weeks and feeling anxious EmptyFri 22 Jul 2011, 10:43 am

Hi Alison,

Im sorry I missed your post util now.

I really hope that your pregnancy is going well. I can understand the anxiety of waiting for it all to happen again.
But the fact you had good 'dopplers' are such a good sign of things being ok for you. I dont doubt every ache and twinge raises alarm bells for you - I think I would be more worried about you if you said they didnt. Its normal, PE sneaked up on you last time, this time you are armed with so much knowledge you have a better chance of seeing it coming.
Thats true for HELLP syndrome too.

I really hope the midwife apapointment went well and that she was able to offer you some reassurance. Have you got a blood pressure machine or any urine dipsticks at home? They might help to keep your fear at bay?

Do keep in touch.

Best Wishes
Liz
Back to top Go down
http://www.preeclampsiasupport.com
Liz Pidgley
Admin
Liz Pidgley

26 weeks and feeling anxious Empty
PostSubject: Re: 26 weeks and feeling anxious   26 weeks and feeling anxious EmptyMon 25 Jul 2011, 11:21 am

Hi Alison,

Thanks for your kind words - I will keep everyone posted as Aimees difficulties are a direct result of her prematurity, so it may be useful for other mums in the future.

I am so pleased that you have reached your 30 weeks goal and all is well. I totally understand the 'this time last time' scenario. It was such an impactful time it would be worrying if you hadnt worried about 'getting through' it.

I hope Maxs birthday went well for you all.
I tend to think the 'run up' to big occasions is often tougher than the actual day.
All the what ifs, if only's and memories that are just so painful to re-live but harder to live without. Sometimes not really remembering your memories (if that makes sense) can seem to add to the mix of emotions.
This time is always the hardest - trying to remember the positives when one is feeling so raw and then the guilty feelings that follow. Dont be hard on yourself - its a normal and natural feeling that everyone here will have felt too.

It is also an irony that this baby may well be a big chap - and I suspect offering you some comfort?

Wishing you a long and uneventful pregnancy.

Best Wishes
Liz
Back to top Go down
http://www.preeclampsiasupport.com

26 weeks and feeling anxious
Page 1 of 1