Pre Eclampsia support
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Pre Eclampsia support

For Women & their families who have suffered with Pre Eclampsia, Eclampsia, HELLP syndrome, Pregnancy induced hypertension (PIH) and related conditions.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Doppler Scan?

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
HayleyP80
Forum Friend

Doppler Scan? Empty
PostSubject: Doppler Scan?   Doppler Scan? EmptySun 06 Jul 2008, 6:51 pm

Hi Liz,

I'm currently almost 18 weeks into my second post-PE pregnancy and there has been no mention this time of having a doppler scan. With Oliver, I had one at around 22 weeks if my memory serves me correctly.

I'm now not due to see my consultant until 28 weeks. Is this something I should receive even though my pregnancy with Oliver was PE free?

Thanks for any advice

Love
Hayley xx

PS Also I have tried to save my "history" onto my profile as my signature but it's not coming up on my posts. Am I doing it wrong? Thanks xx
Back to top Go down
mouse
Forum Friend
mouse

Doppler Scan? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Doppler Scan?   Doppler Scan? EmptySun 06 Jul 2008, 8:20 pm

Hi Hayley,
Congrats on your pregnancy. Hope you're feeling OK.
I had to push a bit for my Doppler at my 21 week scan even though this is my 1st pregnancy post PE.
They obviously think you're v low risk for this pregnancy which is a great sign, but if you would feel reassured with a Doppler +/- more frequent visits then I would push for it & not take no for an answer. Am sure Liz will be able to let you know what the guidelines say.
Good luck!
Love
Mouse
xxx

PS my signature wouldn't work either - you have to select the box always show my signature under preferences in your profile, I had to resave my signature again to get it to work.
Back to top Go down
Liz Pidgley
Admin
Liz Pidgley

Doppler Scan? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Doppler Scan?   Doppler Scan? EmptyMon 07 Jul 2008, 9:07 am

Hi Hayley,

18 weeks already!

I know I sound like a parrot, but any pregnancy following PE should be treated as high risk.
You should therefore receive the same high level of input from your care givers you had when pregnant with Oliver.
It sounds like you may have to 'push' a little if this is being glossed over.

Hope that helps.

As for the signature, Mouse is right, you have to save the option in your profile page!

Keep us posted.
Best Wishes
Liz
Back to top Go down
http://www.preeclampsiasupport.com
HayleyP80
Forum Friend

Doppler Scan? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Doppler Scan?   Doppler Scan? EmptyMon 07 Jul 2008, 7:16 pm

Thanks Ladies,

Apart from the doppler, the care I'm receiving is very good so I can't complain. I shall definately ask about the doppler when I go for my next scan in 2 weeks time. I really can't believe how quickly the time is going!

And here's hoping my signature will be attached this time Very Happy

Hayley xx
Back to top Go down
Emma
New User
Emma

Doppler Scan? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Doppler Scan?   Doppler Scan? EmptyThu 10 Jul 2008, 11:58 am

Hayley, congratulations on your pregnancy. I haven't been online for some time. I am now nearly 32 weeks into my second pregnancy after PE. I didn't have to ask for a doppler scan in this pregnancy, my consultant started doing them at my monthly growth scans from 24 weeks. Love Emma. x
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Doppler Scan? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Doppler Scan?   Doppler Scan? Empty

Back to top Go down

Doppler Scan?
Page 1 of 1