Pre Eclampsia support
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Pre Eclampsia support

For Women & their families who have suffered with Pre Eclampsia, Eclampsia, HELLP syndrome, Pregnancy induced hypertension (PIH) and related conditions.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Panic rising!

Go down 
+8
Bell
ingrid
HelenA
Liz Pidgley
Annika
mouse
Penny
Jodie
12 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Jodie
Forum Friend

Panic rising! - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: update   Panic rising! - Page 2 EmptyMon 13 Oct 2008, 10:14 pm

Evening!

I thought I'd post a quick update on how I'm getting on. I'm 36+3 today - can't quite believe it!

Saw my consultant today who said that I'm 'going off the boil' (direct quote) as I'm starting to puff up and my BP is rising. So, I'm booked in for a caesarean on Friday - this Friday! I'll be 37 weeks exactly!

In the meantime I've got to go in for monitoring tomorrow, Weds and Thursday just to be sure that things stay ok.

I'm nervous and excited. I'm trying really hard not to dwell on the negative emergency experience I had previously and tell myself that this caesarean will be much calmer etc. But its still quite scary!

x
Back to top Go down
Liz Pidgley
Admin
Liz Pidgley

PostSubject: Re: Panic rising!   Panic rising! - Page 2 EmptyMon 13 Oct 2008, 10:59 pm

Hi Jodie,

Congratulations on reacing such a great gestation and your forthcoming new arrival!

I think Laurie has posted somewhere here about how different second section was for her. She described feeling more in control and an altogether more positive experience. I hope, that as you say, because its a planned section not an emergency one - your experience will too be a more positive / calmer one for all of you.

Warmest wishes, I will be thinking of you on Friday!
Liz
Back to top Go down
http://www.preeclampsiasupport.com
Caroline
Forum Friend
Caroline

PostSubject: Re: Panic rising!   Panic rising! - Page 2 EmptyTue 14 Oct 2008, 10:06 am

Hi Jodie,

Good luck for Friday. I had a c-section with Tilly at 37 weeks exactly after having an emergency one with Max at 28 weeks. I don't remember anything about the first one but the midwives and doctors did everything to re-assure me that what they were doing this time was totally standard procedure and no different from the several c-sections they carry out every day.

We had a CD on (Kings of Leon - Steve's choice not mine - I wanted Take That! Obviously not to the consultant's taste either as he asked for it to be changed half way through Laughing ) and as I was being wheeled back into recovery one of the anaethetists was busy texting someone!! That helped put my mind at rest that they weren't worried!!

I really hope you have a similar positive experience as I did. I will be thinking about you on Friday and look forward to reading your news.
Love Caroline xxx
Back to top Go down
mouse
Forum Friend
mouse

PostSubject: Re: Panic rising!   Panic rising! - Page 2 EmptyTue 14 Oct 2008, 7:05 pm

Good luck for Friday Jodie hope all goes well for you!
All my friends who have had elective sections say that it is a wonderful calm experience, hope the same goes for you.
Lots of love
xx
Back to top Go down
Nicki D
Forum Friend
Nicki D

PostSubject: Re: Panic rising!   Panic rising! - Page 2 EmptyTue 14 Oct 2008, 8:03 pm

All the best for Friday Jodie.

Love Nicki
Back to top Go down
Laurie
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Panic rising!   Panic rising! - Page 2 EmptyTue 14 Oct 2008, 8:08 pm

Best of luck for Friday! I hope that all goes smoothly and you have the experience you want.
xL
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Panic rising!   Panic rising! - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Panic rising!
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Pre Eclampsia support :: Support :: My Worries-
Jump to: