Pre Eclampsia support
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Pre Eclampsia support

For Women & their families who have suffered with Pre Eclampsia, Eclampsia, HELLP syndrome, Pregnancy induced hypertension (PIH) and related conditions.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Zachary's arrived

Go down 
+2
Liz Pidgley
Lacey
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Lacey
Forum Friend

Zachary's arrived Empty
PostSubject: Zachary's arrived   Zachary's arrived EmptyTue 05 May 2009, 8:36 pm

Hi Liz and everyone,

I've finally got some free time to let you know that Zachary James arrived on 9th April weighing 4lb 8oz at 36 weeks.

We're not sure if I stayed PE free as so much went wrong in the last week of my pregnancy. I had shows, contractions, infections, scary high blood pressure, no water, degraded placenta, cord resistance, reduced growth and fast blood flow through Zach's brain due to the Rhesus Disease. I was due for a planned emergency section on Good Friday but had a placental abruption the day before and ended up being rushed into hospital in an ambulance with sirens blazing as I'd been allowed home for Orla to have hosptial treatment that morning.

Thankfully the various consultants we'd had along the way were fully prepared for every thing that happened and despite Zach being very unresponsive on the trace machine he was delivered screaming within an hour of me arriving at hospital.

He was quite poorly with the Rhesus Disease but we were expecting that so were prepared for the time he spent in NICU which was 7 days in total before he joined me in Transitional Care for 5 days when we came home together.

He is now almost 4 weeks old, weighs 5lb 2oz and is such a good baby! He is still having his blood tested due to the Rhesus Disease but fingers crossed is over the worst of that now too.

It was a tough decision to try for another baby and although so much went wrong in the end my history meant the medics were fully aware and supportive and I knew when things were right and when they weren't. I'm so glad I decided to try again as the 9 months of almost constant worry and fear were worth it a million times over!

Lacey x
Back to top Go down
Liz Pidgley
Admin
Liz Pidgley

Zachary's arrived Empty
PostSubject: Re: Zachary's arrived   Zachary's arrived EmptyTue 05 May 2009, 9:58 pm

Hi Lacey,

HUGE congratulations on the (albeit turbulent) safe arrival of Zachary.
I am sorry to hear your time was unsettled but so glad you felt safe & supported this time around.

Enjoy every moment of both your children.
Warmest Wishes
Liz
Back to top Go down
http://www.preeclampsiasupport.com
mouse
Forum Friend
mouse

Zachary's arrived Empty
PostSubject: Re: Zachary's arrived   Zachary's arrived EmptyWed 06 May 2009, 7:51 pm

Many many congratulations on the birth of Zachery.
Hope you're recovering OK, sounds as though you're enjoying every precious moment.
xxx
Back to top Go down
sparkling
Forum Friend

Zachary's arrived Empty
PostSubject: Re: Zachary's arrived   Zachary's arrived EmptyFri 08 May 2009, 6:11 pm

congratulations
Back to top Go down
ingrid
Forum Friend
ingrid

Zachary's arrived Empty
PostSubject: Re: Zachary's arrived   Zachary's arrived EmptyFri 08 May 2009, 7:54 pm

Hi Lacey
Hue conratulations on the birth of your son Zachary king sorry things went wobbly at the end but as you say it is all worth it in the end well done

Ingrid x
Back to top Go down
Nicki D
Forum Friend
Nicki D

Zachary's arrived Empty
PostSubject: Re: Zachary's arrived   Zachary's arrived EmptyFri 08 May 2009, 8:09 pm

Hi Lacey,

cheers Many congratulations cheers

I'm glad the bumpy start is over, and now you can get on with enjoying your little boy (love the name Very Happy )

Nicki x
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Zachary's arrived Empty
PostSubject: Re: Zachary's arrived   Zachary's arrived Empty

Back to top Go down

Zachary's arrived
Page 1 of 1