Pre Eclampsia support
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Pre Eclampsia support

For Women & their families who have suffered with Pre Eclampsia, Eclampsia, HELLP syndrome, Pregnancy induced hypertension (PIH) and related conditions.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

who has taken aspirin for a 2nd pregnancy??

Go down 
+5
Caroline
Bea's Mummy
sparkling
Mossy
becky83
9 posters
AuthorMessage
becky83
Forum Friend
becky83

who has taken aspirin for a 2nd pregnancy?? Empty
PostSubject: who has taken aspirin for a 2nd pregnancy??   who has taken aspirin for a 2nd pregnancy?? EmptyTue 20 Apr 2010, 1:24 pm

and it work??

believe it or not but im quite positive about getting further along than i did with Alex but stwanted to hear other peoples stories Smile
Back to top Go down
Mossy
Forum Friend
Mossy

PostSubject: Re: who has taken aspirin for a 2nd pregnancy??   who has taken aspirin for a 2nd pregnancy?? EmptyTue 20 Apr 2010, 2:10 pm

Can't give a total answer. But I am currently 19+1 with my second pregnancy. This pregnancy has been TOTALLY different for me. I hope it is a long one too!

Last edited by Mossy on Tue 20 Apr 2010, 4:26 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
sparkling
Forum Friend

PostSubject: Re: who has taken aspirin for a 2nd pregnancy??   who has taken aspirin for a 2nd pregnancy?? EmptyTue 20 Apr 2010, 2:30 pm

me and I'm 37+3 today.

I stopped at 36 weeks.

as mossy said this has been totally different for me.
Back to top Go down
becky83
Forum Friend
becky83

PostSubject: Re: who has taken aspirin for a 2nd pregnancy??   who has taken aspirin for a 2nd pregnancy?? EmptyTue 20 Apr 2010, 5:24 pm

im15wks tomorrow and so far this has been completely different for me too..........fingers crossed its a good sign Smile
Back to top Go down
Bea's Mummy
Forum Friend

PostSubject: Re: who has taken aspirin for a 2nd pregnancy??   who has taken aspirin for a 2nd pregnancy?? EmptyTue 20 Apr 2010, 7:14 pm

Can I jump in and ask how your pregnancies have been different? Have you felt better this time? Just interested! Sparkling, have you had heparin as well or just aspirin? I'm just on the aspirin at the min. Sorry for butting in Becky!

Lizzie
Back to top Go down
Caroline
Forum Friend
Caroline

PostSubject: Re: who has taken aspirin for a 2nd pregnancy??   who has taken aspirin for a 2nd pregnancy?? EmptyTue 20 Apr 2010, 7:33 pm

I did Becky. I stopped taking it at 36 weeks and only then started to show really mild symptoms of PE. Tilly was born at 37 weeks exactly which was like a dream after having it so seriously and early first time round.

Hope everything continues to be positive for you.

Caroline xxx
Back to top Go down
Mossy
Forum Friend
Mossy

PostSubject: Re: who has taken aspirin for a 2nd pregnancy??   who has taken aspirin for a 2nd pregnancy?? EmptyTue 20 Apr 2010, 9:37 pm

Bea's Mummy wrote:
Can I jump in and ask how your pregnancies have been different? Have you felt better this time? Just interested! Sparkling, have you had heparin as well or just aspirin? I'm just on the aspirin at the min. Sorry for butting in Becky!

Lizzie

With my DD I suffered from terrible morning sickness. I was sick all of the time. I had 2 weeks respite at around 22 weeks but the ret of the time I was throwing up all the time. My sickness only eased once I had my daughter! This time I have been a bit nauseous but that is it. I think I have been sick once- but that was only because I was nervous about a scan I think!
Back to top Go down
sparkling
Forum Friend

PostSubject: Re: who has taken aspirin for a 2nd pregnancy??   who has taken aspirin for a 2nd pregnancy?? EmptyWed 21 Apr 2010, 7:17 am

Bea's Mummy wrote:

Lizzie

I'm just on asprin as my clotting screen was normal and didn't indicate heparin would be of benefit.

This time I was as sick as as dog from getting the 2nd blue line. COuldn't eat a thing. Last time nothing like this at all.

baby has grown well unlike last time. I needed maternity clothes for comfort from 12 weeks or so.

I've felt generally better in myself. Last time i was permanently under the weather.

Even thoguh i'm having bad spells at the moment i think its down to being 37+4 rather than anything more sinister.

does that help?
Back to top Go down
ClaireS
Forum Friend
ClaireS

PostSubject: Re: who has taken aspirin for a 2nd pregnancy??   who has taken aspirin for a 2nd pregnancy?? EmptyWed 21 Apr 2010, 9:53 am

I took aspirin second time round, to the day I delivered. Doppler scans showed notching at 19 and 22 weeks, consultant said this increased my chances of getting PE again to 50%, but she said that hopefully as I had been taking aspirin I would be in the 50% that didn't get it again. Scan at 24 weeks was clear of notching. I also had a few occasions where I had +s of protein. Blood pressure was stable throughout. In the end my waters went at 36 weeks. They did a full PE blood screen the day my waters went which was all clear. I delivered a healthy 5lb 9oz baby girl, so I would say that the aspirin worked!

Hope all goes well for you.

Claire x
Back to top Go down
Bea's Mummy
Forum Friend

PostSubject: Re: who has taken aspirin for a 2nd pregnancy??   who has taken aspirin for a 2nd pregnancy?? EmptyWed 21 Apr 2010, 5:06 pm

Thank you, thats very helpful Smile
Back to top Go down
ingrid
Forum Friend
ingrid

PostSubject: Re: who has taken aspirin for a 2nd pregnancy??   who has taken aspirin for a 2nd pregnancy?? EmptyWed 21 Apr 2010, 7:11 pm

Samantha is taking aspirin again she calls it her magic pill as she swears that helped when having Dylan she took this right up until birth. Samantha also took pregnacare all the way through.

In this pregnancy she feels so much more at ease feels very relaxed about everything her care is now shared but still consultant lead, her blood pressure is normal and behaving itself had trace of protien but that can happen just keeping an eye on things. Samantha is having a deep scan done next week she will be 18weeks and 2 days apparantley this is now done as routine as well as the 20 week scan (I think) (its at Liverpool womens hospital) getting more exciting as time goes on but we are still not allowed to buy anything until she has passed the 26 weeks and nearer 30 .

Take care

Ingrid x
Back to top Go down
ingrid
Forum Friend
ingrid

PostSubject: Re: who has taken aspirin for a 2nd pregnancy??   who has taken aspirin for a 2nd pregnancy?? EmptyWed 21 Apr 2010, 7:12 pm

forgot to mention she is taking aspirin again and pregnacare x
Back to top Go down
nicki
Forum Friend

PostSubject: Re: who has taken aspirin for a 2nd pregnancy??   who has taken aspirin for a 2nd pregnancy?? EmptySun 25 Apr 2010, 7:22 pm

HI, I'm now 16 +4 and I would say that my prenancy has been different from the point of view that I've been vomiting alot until 12 weeks, but now just have a horrible taste in the mouth. My bump is huge compared to last time but I understand that this can be due to weaker uterine muscles. I'm on aspirin. I have my first check up for a while on tues (after consultan t and check in app). I'm kinda nervous about the checks but no reason why I should be!!
NIcki
Back to top Go down
becky83
Forum Friend
becky83

PostSubject: Re: who has taken aspirin for a 2nd pregnancy??   who has taken aspirin for a 2nd pregnancy?? EmptyMon 26 Apr 2010, 2:07 pm

thats fine lizzie honey!

for me i have felt very sick but not actually been sick...... more tired.... im huge compared with Alex!

we have the 20wk and doppler scan on 26th mayand im geting nervous, im praying they find nothing worng with the placenta/cord/flow etc.
Back to top Go down
Bea's Mummy
Forum Friend

PostSubject: Re: who has taken aspirin for a 2nd pregnancy??   who has taken aspirin for a 2nd pregnancy?? EmptyTue 27 Apr 2010, 4:17 pm

Wishing you good luck for tmrw! So far I'm the same...very nauseous and tired but not sick. I'm praying this might be a good sign as this point last time I was really sick. Who knows! I suppose it's very early could always kick in. x
Back to top Go down
Bea's Mummy
Forum Friend

PostSubject: Re: who has taken aspirin for a 2nd pregnancy??   who has taken aspirin for a 2nd pregnancy?? EmptySun 02 May 2010, 7:15 pm

Just realised i've put tmrw! Good luck for end of May!!
Back to top Go down
MrsCav
Forum Friend
MrsCav

PostSubject: Re: who has taken aspirin for a 2nd pregnancy??   who has taken aspirin for a 2nd pregnancy?? EmptyMon 03 May 2010, 10:00 pm

Hi i haven't been on for a while but i noticed your question an had to answer.
I took asprin from 8 to 36 weeks and jonah was born 12 days late no sign of PE what so ever so i believe it worked.
Stay positive i'm sure it will work. x
Back to top Go down
becky83
Forum Friend
becky83

PostSubject: Re: who has taken aspirin for a 2nd pregnancy??   who has taken aspirin for a 2nd pregnancy?? EmptyTue 04 May 2010, 2:03 pm

Bea's Mummy wrote:
Just realised i've put tmrw! Good luck for end of May!!

thats ok honey, thank you x x
Back to top Go down
becky83
Forum Friend
becky83

PostSubject: Re: who has taken aspirin for a 2nd pregnancy??   who has taken aspirin for a 2nd pregnancy?? EmptyTue 04 May 2010, 2:04 pm

MrsCav wrote:
Hi i haven't been on for a while but i noticed your question an had to answer.
I took asprin from 8 to 36 weeks and jonah was born 12 days late no sign of PE what so ever so i believe it worked.
Stay positive i'm sure it will work. x

i love these sort of stories, thank you for sharing x x
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: who has taken aspirin for a 2nd pregnancy??   who has taken aspirin for a 2nd pregnancy?? Empty

Back to top Go down

who has taken aspirin for a 2nd pregnancy??
Page 1 of 1