Pre Eclampsia support
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Pre Eclampsia support

For Women & their families who have suffered with Pre Eclampsia, Eclampsia, HELLP syndrome, Pregnancy induced hypertension (PIH) and related conditions.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Positive!

Go down 
+4
Bea's Mummy
ingrid
Liz Pidgley
emmie
8 posters
AuthorMessage
emmie
Forum Friend
emmie

Positive! Empty
PostSubject: Positive!   Positive! EmptySun 30 May 2010, 9:55 am

Hi everyone,

Last week we found out I was pregnant again! Really suprised and greatful, thought it would take a lot longer.

Anyway, I feel quite positive which is good, I really thought I'd be a nervous wreck, but I suppose there's time for that later.

I'm only 4-5 weeks so not counting my chickens yet- know we've got a loooooonnnnnnnngg road ahead.

Off to see the GP next week to start my asprin.

Please wish me luck

Emma xx
Back to top Go down
Liz Pidgley
Admin
Liz Pidgley

Positive! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Positive!   Positive! EmptySun 30 May 2010, 11:04 am

Hi Emma,

Huge congratulations on your new pregnancy. Fingers crossed that is is long and uneventful!

Warm Wishes
Liz
Back to top Go down
http://www.preeclampsiasupport.com
ingrid
Forum Friend
ingrid

Positive! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Positive!   Positive! EmptySun 30 May 2010, 3:35 pm

woo hoo cheers congratulations now for the long wobbly journey hope all goes realy well and boring and totally PE free x

take care
Back to top Go down
Bea's Mummy
Forum Friend

Positive! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Positive!   Positive! EmptySun 30 May 2010, 7:44 pm

Hello emma,
Congratulations! Really happy for you, wishing you lots of luck. When do you think you're due? So many babies on the way now!
Lizzie
Back to top Go down
jules
Forum Friend
jules

Positive! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Positive!   Positive! EmptyMon 31 May 2010, 8:52 am

Congratulations Emmie!

I am now just over 9-10 weeks; its really good so many of us who have had early onset PE are pregnant again at the same time; I hope we can help support each other

Jules x
Back to top Go down
emmie
Forum Friend
emmie

Positive! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Positive!   Positive! EmptyMon 31 May 2010, 3:01 pm

Thankyou ladies.

I THINK I am due right at the beginning of Feb, Lizzie. But, I suppose that could change once i've had scans etc.

I hope we can all support each other too Jules. Thought I was doing ok, felt positive and so pleased, but then in the middle of the night woke up and the fear started! Just hoping and praying that we can all bring home a live, full term baby. That was one of the first things I asked my Consultant, was she confident I'd bring home a live baby this time. I know I sound pessimistic, but after what happened last time, I'm terrified, as I know we all are!!
Just got to try to think positive.

Best wishes to you all.

Emma xx
Back to top Go down
Bell
Forum Friend
Bell

Positive! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Positive!   Positive! EmptyMon 31 May 2010, 8:50 pm

Hi Emma,

Congratulations i am so happy for you and wishing you a uneventful pregnancy. I am 10 weeks today. It is great that so many of us are pregnant at the same time and will be able to help each other through the anxious times ahead.

I can totally understand where you are coming from when you said you woke up in the night worrying. I have had a few bad dreams over the past few weeks that i am losing the baby. I hope we can all take home healthy, live babies at the end of our pregnancies.

Take care

Bell.xx
Back to top Go down
jules
Forum Friend
jules

Positive! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Positive!   Positive! EmptyMon 31 May 2010, 9:51 pm

I've had nightmares, and even night terrors (woke up screaming one night a few weeks ago). So you are not alone with the night time stress. Its hard to stay positive when we know there are no guarantees, and our pregnancies are treated (appropriately) as very high risk; but important to remember in most cases things goes much better the 2nd time.

I find it worse for the first few weeks after getting pregnant and then I can settle down a bit again, so just hold on there. I can't imagine what approaching 25-26 weeks might be like for me though.

Some might call this post-traumatic stress but I reckon its "normal" for those who lost a child and were worried for their own lives too. Its only just over a year for me now, and that feels like no time at all....

I believe I am due 31 Dec, but have not had a dating scan yet (and in any case, they will deliver me at 37-38 weeks, if I'm lucky enough to get that far).

take care xx
Back to top Go down
tomsmammy
Forum Friend

Positive! Empty
PostSubject: HUGE congratulations   Positive! EmptyWed 09 Jun 2010, 8:48 pm

Emmie
thats fantastic news, this is bound to be such a rollercoatser time for you emotionally, and very understandibly too!!
i hope at some point you'l be able to enjoy, here's hoping for a really really boring and long pregnancy ey!!
penny xx
Back to top Go down
sparkling
Forum Friend

Positive! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Positive!   Positive! EmptySat 12 Jun 2010, 9:54 pm

good luck. I hope all goes well and the asprin works its magic for you.
Back to top Go down
emmie
Forum Friend
emmie

Positive! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Positive!   Positive! EmptyWed 16 Jun 2010, 8:29 pm

Thankyou for all your nice words and kind thoughts ladies.

Let's hope and pray we all go on to have long, successful and boring pregnancies!!

Take care everyone

Emma
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Positive! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Positive!   Positive! Empty

Back to top Go down

Positive!
Page 1 of 1