Pre Eclampsia support
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Pre Eclampsia support

For Women & their families who have suffered with Pre Eclampsia, Eclampsia, HELLP syndrome, Pregnancy induced hypertension (PIH) and related conditions.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

29 weeks

Go down 
+2
Bea's Mummy
Bell
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Bell
Forum Friend
Bell

29 weeks Empty
PostSubject: 29 weeks   29 weeks EmptySun 17 Oct 2010, 11:53 am

Thats me 29 weeks + 6 days now. Over the last 4 weeks i've been feeling unwell. Have been weak, tired, having palpitations, nausea, vomiting & seeing sparks in front of my eyes. I collapsed 2 weeks ago as well. They have diagnosed symptomatic anaemia and started me on triple therapy for it.

Have noticed over the past week that i have oedema in my hands, feet and lower legs. Still seeing sparks in front of my eyes and now have 1+ protein. Am very worried that maybe this is the start of pre eclampsia.

Was at the hospital on Friday and saw my consultant. She has sent off Bp bloods & also FBC. Repeat scan showed that baby is above average size and doppler showed good blood flow which i am taking comfort from. Consultant was worried about my Bp as it was low. Bp 91/42. I am on a betablocker. Am wondering if this could be covering things up? She wants me to go back to hospital on Tuesday to reassess me.

Feel very scared now. In my last pregnancy i was 33 + 5 days when i had my baby due to PE.
Back to top Go down
Bea's Mummy
Forum Friend

29 weeks Empty
PostSubject: Re: 29 weeks   29 weeks EmptySun 17 Oct 2010, 3:26 pm

Sorry to hear you are having such a tough time Bell. It's so scary waiting for results etc. Really hope that this is just a blip and not the start of anything serious...it is a very good sign that the baby is well and doppler is good. Let us know how you get on.
Take care,
Lizzie
Back to top Go down
jules
Forum Friend
jules

29 weeks Empty
PostSubject: Re: 29 weeks   29 weeks EmptyMon 18 Oct 2010, 8:14 am

Hi Bell,

I'm sorry, I know how frightening this is and hoped you would get further. But - it looks like the baby is still do well do I think you will get quite a few weeks more. And even if you did have to deliver soon at 30+ weeks its likely things would go very well - this time they are monitoring you so closely it won't turn out the same as with Gerard.

Hope you start to feel better as well x
Back to top Go down
emmie
Forum Friend
emmie

29 weeks Empty
PostSubject: Re: 29 weeks   29 weeks EmptyTue 19 Oct 2010, 3:05 pm

Hi Bell,

I'm really sorry you're having such a tough time of it; these pregnancies just keep throwing up little surprises. I haven't really got any advice to offer, but it is great that the baby is so big and the doppler still good. Hopefully it is nothing, but even if is is you're in a good place and being looked after so much better this time.

Take care
Emma xx
Back to top Go down
Bell
Forum Friend
Bell

29 weeks Empty
PostSubject: Re: 29 weeks   29 weeks EmptyTue 19 Oct 2010, 5:47 pm

Hi Everyone,

I'm still feeling rubbish but alittle calmer after my appointment at the hospital this morning. Bp 89/64 so no wonder i'm feeling like this and Hb remains low. Consultant has stopped my labetalol at the moment to see if this helps. I've to go back to the hospital on Friday to be reassessed. Feel alittle nervous coming off the labetalol as i've been on it since i had pre eclampsia with Gerard.

Consultant was reassuring and said that i'm in a much better position than my last pregnancy and that baby is a good size if it needs to come early. They monitored baby for a hour and heart beat strong and regular.

Thanks everyone for your support through my wobble.

Bell.xxx

Back to top Go down
Liz Pidgley
Admin
Liz Pidgley

29 weeks Empty
PostSubject: Re: 29 weeks   29 weeks EmptyWed 20 Oct 2010, 10:28 am

Hi Bell,

Im glad you are feeling a little better. Im really pleased the Consultant has stopped the labetalol. With a BP in your boots you can feel very rough - then factor in anaemia & a pregnancy & no wonder you were feeling grotty!
If it offers you any reassurance, with a BP like yours at the mo, PE is HUGELY unlikely.

Im glad you are being monitored, more for your sake right now though I think.
Hope you feel better every day and that baby holds on a few more weeks yet.

Warm wishes
Liz
Back to top Go down
http://www.preeclampsiasupport.com
Marthasmummy
Forum Friend

29 weeks Empty
PostSubject: Re: 29 weeks   29 weeks EmptyWed 20 Oct 2010, 12:50 pm

hope you're OK. No wonder you felt bad with BP that low, I had a PPH and think mine went down to something like that I felt absolutely dreadful. Hope you're OK for the rest of your pregnancy x
Back to top Go down
Bell
Forum Friend
Bell

29 weeks Empty
PostSubject: Re: 29 weeks   29 weeks EmptyFri 22 Oct 2010, 8:47 pm

Thats 30 + 4 now. Had headache last night and again this morning. Checked Bp at home and it was high. ( bp machine is clinically validated and been matching Bps taken at midwive appointments.) Urine clear again today and baby ok.

Was not impressed with the midwive that took care of me today. Her whole attitude was wrong and she had very poor communication skills. I've seen her twice before and she was exactly the same. It was as if i was a bother for her. Even although the Bps taken at clinic this morning were within normal limits i was still concerned and asked if i could speak to a doctor which seemed to upset her greatly. She said they won't restart your betablockers anyway,i shouldn't check my own Bp, if i have a headache i knew what to do and that was to take 2 paracetamol and i didn't need to see a doctor today but i stood my ground. Felt as if i was being spoken to like a 5 year old!

Anyway got to see the consultant and she answered the questions i had and reassured me. She said at present it was still best for me to remain off my betablockers as she was concerned a lower Bp would reduce perfusion of the placenta and harm the baby.

Anyway feel alittle better now, sorry for moaning.

Bell.x
Back to top Go down
jules
Forum Friend
jules

29 weeks Empty
PostSubject: Re: 29 weeks   29 weeks EmptyTue 26 Oct 2010, 7:25 pm

Hi there,

its ok to moan. Today's midwife really upset me too. She managed to take the wrong woman into the room first (with my notes on screen!), then decided to ask me how my daughter felt about the new baby arriving [well I got a bit sarcastic and pointed out that as my daughter died she probably didn't have an opinion about this]. They found glucose in my urine (only 1+, but this is the third time I've had that on and off); I think they should be doing a proper diagnostic test for gestational diabetes by now but she didn't seem to have a clue what to do, and couldn't even find the previous entries for raised glucose in my notes until I pointed them out. The baby's abdomen keeps measuring big so I'm starting to worry about GDM a little.

She then proceeded to tell me that I would not be offered a labour induction (Its not even her decision), contrary to what has been suggested earlier, and that I should be enjoying my pregnancy (yeah right, its great fun when my last baby died and I had life-threatening pre-eclampsia and HELLP). I think I would regard it as a form of mental torture to make me go on longer than necessary!

I'm wondering if others have been offered labour induction / or caesarean and if so when now?

Hope you feel better too Bell - I am totally fine just slightly irritated!

Back to top Go down
Bea's Mummy
Forum Friend

29 weeks Empty
PostSubject: Re: 29 weeks   29 weeks EmptyTue 26 Oct 2010, 8:11 pm

Hello,
Bell my midwife last week told me that checking my bp and protein at home was not a good idea - despite the fact my consultant is very happy for me to do this! Everyone else i've come across has been lovely, there is always one!!

Jules, I have mentioned delivery to my consultant. I would like the opportunity to deliver naturally and he is aware of this but due to my prior section will only consider light inducement at 39 weeks (if im well), not before.He will not allow me to go until 40 weeks. I understand why, and obviously he knows best, I would not want the baby to be put at more risk. I have a feeling that he will want me to deliver by c-section by 37 ish weeks if I get that far, especially with my bp. We shall see!!

Lizzie
Back to top Go down
Bell
Forum Friend
Bell

29 weeks Empty
PostSubject: Re: 29 weeks   29 weeks EmptyWed 27 Oct 2010, 11:01 am

Hi Jules,

I'm feeling better today but honestly after the last appointment i was in tears. I'm sorry you had such a bad appointment too Jules. I think unless the person who is treating you knows what it feels like to have pre eclampsia and suffer the loss of a baby they can't begin to understand that being pregnant again isn't a joy. I'm finding it really hard too. I just want this baby to be here now. I'm fast approaching when i lost Gerard and it is playing on my mind. Your right Jules this is torture even if the end outcome is worth every bit of it.

My consultant has discussed with me that she won't let me go over 38 weeks as its not worth it. That she will firstly try for a normal delivery but if baby is still breech or either me or baby become compromised in any way i will have a c section. I've got a anaethetic review on Friday and instructions when to stop taking my clexane just incase.

Take care

Bell.x
Back to top Go down
Liz Pidgley
Admin
Liz Pidgley

29 weeks Empty
PostSubject: Re: 29 weeks   29 weeks EmptyThu 28 Oct 2010, 11:35 am

Hi Ladies,

It makes me so mad on your behalf to hear that such insensitive and ill educated care still continues.
I am just so sorry you are experiencing this.

Lizzie, I think the fact your GP has said its not a good idea to home monitor clearly suggests s/he is not familiar with PRECOG which actively advocates this very point!

I would suggest carrying a copy of PRECOG with you and should there be something you are not happy with - check it out in the guidelines there & then!

If Im not careful I will get right up on to my soap box here - so I shall simply suffice by saying - moan away.....and let me know if I can help.

Stay strong ladies.
Liz
Back to top Go down
http://www.preeclampsiasupport.com
Bell
Forum Friend
Bell

29 weeks Empty
PostSubject: Re: 29 weeks   29 weeks EmptyFri 29 Oct 2010, 6:32 pm

Appointment today went well. Thats 31 + 4 now. Got a different midwive who was really nice and explained everything. Bp remains low but urine clear. Scan & doppler were good and suggests baby will be a good size. Seen my consultant again today and she reassured me everything is going well and she plans to see me again next week at day care. She said now that i am reaching the stage where i lost Gerard last time , this is the critical stage of my pregnancy.

Felt happy leaving today.

Liz i wish i had thought to say of the precog guidelines when the midwive last week was being difficult.
Back to top Go down
Bea's Mummy
Forum Friend

29 weeks Empty
PostSubject: Re: 29 weeks   29 weeks EmptyFri 29 Oct 2010, 7:08 pm

Hi Bell,
Really glad to hear that it all went so well for you! Brilliant that the scans etc are good and bp etc is low. This must be an extra nerve wracking time for you, but you are very nearly there!

Lizzie
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

29 weeks Empty
PostSubject: Re: 29 weeks   29 weeks Empty

Back to top Go down

29 weeks
Page 1 of 1