Pre Eclampsia support
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Pre Eclampsia support

For Women & their families who have suffered with Pre Eclampsia, Eclampsia, HELLP syndrome, Pregnancy induced hypertension (PIH) and related conditions.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

My Story

Go down 
+3
Caroline
Liz Pidgley
HayleyP80
7 posters
AuthorMessage
HayleyP80
Forum Friend

My Story Empty
PostSubject: My Story   My Story EmptyThu 17 Jul 2008, 10:40 pm

Hi Everyone,

Finally time to post my experience! I have pasted a lot of my story from the other sight but included updates. Here goes .....

October 2005 our world turned upside down. We had gone for a routine midwife appointment to find that my blood pressure was significantly raised. My midwife immediately phoned the hospital who wanted to see me straight away. We went, thinking it would be a quick check up and then home again. We were going to buy the cot that afternoon. How wrong was I! They let me home briefly (on the condition I was back within the hour) to collect some things. At this point I was 24 weeks pregnant and terrified.

Over the next week we had numerous scans, tests and visits from too many doctors to remember them all by name and finally a visit around the Special Care Unit (which ironically gave me some hope). Early and severe Pre-Eclampsia and HELLP syndrome was diagnosed.
My consultant had advised me that if my baby were to survive, due to the size, he would probably have some form of disability. We didn't worry, we would love him just as much.

I was scheduled for a scan on the Monday (24th Oct). Over the weekend the midwives came in a few times to ask if I wanted them to check for the heartbeat. I just couldn't bear to let them. I hadn't felt any movement for a while and deep down I knew we had lost our much wanted and precious little angel.

I will never forget the consultants words in the scanning room on the Monday.... "I'm so sorry, he's gone". I couldn't believe or accept it. Over and over I asked if she were sure and wasn't there anything they could do. I wanted to die, right there and then.

The next few days passed in a blur. My platelet levels plummeted and they wanted to transfuse. Stupidly I refused, I just couldn't take anymore! I was induced late afternoon on 24 Oct 05 and our darling Joshua was born on the 25th October 05 at 05:49am weighing just 1lb 3oz. He looked perfect and I willed him to cry, to show some sign of life to prove they had gotten it wrong. But he was so still and so silent. The midwife dressed him and handed him to us, I'm so thankful for the next two days that we got to spend with him.

Very reluctantly we agreed to a PM, severe PET was the result. He had suffered IUGR due to my placenta having not worked properly for so long.

In the November we laid him to rest. Words cannot explain how lost and empty I feel. I often wish I had been taken and he had survived. We miss him so very much.

In March 2006 we suffered our second loss when my pregnancy was found to be ectopic. I sometimes find it so very difficult to feel positive about the future, but I carry on, determined to keep my darling Joshua's memory alive. It is all I can do for him now.

Sleep tight my precious Angel. Mummy and Daddy love and miss you so very much xxxxxx

Sorry it's so long, and thankyou for reading our story if you have gotten this far.

Love
Hayley xx

**Update**

In April 2007 I gave birth to a wonderfully healthy baby boy. I was moniotored very carefully throughout and, even though I expected it, there was no sigh of PE whatsoever!

I am currently pregnant again, 19 weeks now. Again I am being monitored as "high risk". I am aware that PE can skip pregnancies so won't relax until this little one is here with us.

Joshua is always on my mind and I will admit that somedays are so very hard. No matter how many children we have, nothing can ever replace my first precious little boy.

Love
Hayley xx
Back to top Go down
Liz Pidgley
Admin
Liz Pidgley

My Story Empty
PostSubject: Re: My Story   My Story EmptyFri 18 Jul 2008, 8:06 am

Hi Hayley

Thank you for posting your story & the updates.

I have no doubt that you miss Joshua as much now as the day he passed away. Grief is a 'funny' emotion. There are days when it is copeable and days that are sometimes (and quite unexpectedly) unbearable. Whats more there sometimes seems no rhyme or reason for these waves.

Your darling Oliver clearly brings you so much joy and the anticipation that comes with this new pregnancy can bring very mixed emotions.

We will be here for you if/when you wobble!

Warmest Wishes
Liz
Back to top Go down
http://www.preeclampsiasupport.com
Caroline
Forum Friend
Caroline

My Story Empty
PostSubject: Re: My Story   My Story EmptyFri 18 Jul 2008, 10:05 am

Hayley,

I am sitting here with tears in my eyes after reading your story. As you know I can relate to so many of the emotions you describe.

I will always be so grateful to you for the support you gave me when I first contacted APEC after losing Max. You gave me hope that things could be different next time round. I can imagine this new pregnancy is just as scary for you as the one with Oliver so if there is anything at all I can do for you - even if it's just a chat or a rant then please do get in touch.

Lots of love
Caroline xxx
Back to top Go down
Penny
Forum Friend
Penny

My Story Empty
PostSubject: Re: My Story   My Story EmptyFri 18 Jul 2008, 10:35 am

Hi Hayley,
You really are an inspiration and i for one am following your story and keeping everything crossed.
I dont think we would have anymore ( never say never tho) but I am interested to see if the PE does skip pregnancies like you say it could.
After having a successful pregnancy following a severe pe one ( and the ectopic like you as well) if i were to have another, I am sure I would worry as much as I did with Mack.

All the very best Hayley,
Kisses for Oliver and never forgetting beautiful Joshua.
Penny xxx
Back to top Go down
mouse
Forum Friend
mouse

My Story Empty
PostSubject: Re: My Story   My Story EmptyFri 18 Jul 2008, 1:03 pm

Hi Hayley. Huge congratulations on the birth of Oliver & your new pregnancy. I really hope this one is PE free like your last one. We will all be with you every step of the way.
I was so sorry to hear about your 2 angels - I had seen lots of posts from you but didn't know your story, thanks for being brave enough to post it.
Big big hugs
Mouse xxx
Back to top Go down
ingrid
Forum Friend
ingrid

My Story Empty
PostSubject: Re: My Story   My Story EmptyFri 18 Jul 2008, 1:50 pm

Hi Hayley

Congratulations on your new pregnancy cheers and I hope all goes PE free with this one and I will keep my fingers crossed for you.

I have followed your story ever since I joined the APEC site and all the wonderful support you and others gave me and Samantha I still find it all surreal when I look at Sam Lee and their baby.

Samantha is scared to take the pill now as she got caught with Brianna while on it and thinks this might have had something to do with the Placenta not working properly early on and does not want to risk getting caught again while taking the mini pill. They do plan having another baby but not for a couple of years even though everything went well this time as she put it she does feel anxious about having another and I suppose that goes for all of you.

I look forward to reading yours and other pregnant mummies with updates and wish everyone well
Back to top Go down
HayleyP80
Forum Friend

My Story Empty
PostSubject: Re: My Story   My Story EmptySat 19 Jul 2008, 6:34 pm

Thanks Ladies,

I'm sitting here trying not to cry, you are all so kind! And to think that my story may even have helped in the slightest is very humbling.

I shall keep you updated throughout this pregnancy (we have our 20 week scan on Thursday 24th).

Love to all
Hayley xx
Back to top Go down
alka
Forum Friend
alka

My Story Empty
PostSubject: Re: My Story   My Story EmptyMon 21 Jul 2008, 8:29 am

Hi Hayley

I'm new to the forum but just wanted to say so sorry for your loss, I think you're incredibly brave I really do.

Thank you for sharing your happy ending, I wish you all the best with this pregnancy.

Lots of love
Nic
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

My Story Empty
PostSubject: Re: My Story   My Story Empty

Back to top Go down

My Story
Page 1 of 1