Pre Eclampsia support
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Pre Eclampsia support

For Women & their families who have suffered with Pre Eclampsia, Eclampsia, HELLP syndrome, Pregnancy induced hypertension (PIH) and related conditions.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

me again... bp this time

Go down 
+2
jules
berrylicious
6 posters
AuthorMessage
berrylicious
Forum Friend
berrylicious

me again... bp this time Empty
PostSubject: me again... bp this time   me again... bp this time EmptyMon 10 Aug 2009, 12:22 pm

I'm now 27+2 weeks. I have home testing for bp and protein in urine and although the urine is nothing at all, sometimes a trace but nothign significant, my bp has started to rise inbetween doses of the methyldopa that I take 3 times daily. Then the methyldopa brings it down again. So I kind of feel a bit nervous now. I was admitted at 27+5 wiht matthew, I just hope so much it's not that time coming round with this baby. I guess I'm ok if the methyldopa is bringing it down? maybe my dose will be increased when I see my consultant next week at 28 weeks?

It rises to around 150/90 ish in bewteen doses and comes down to 140/80 ish wiht the tablet.
Back to top Go down
jules
Forum Friend
jules

PostSubject: Re: me again... bp this time   me again... bp this time EmptyTue 11 Aug 2009, 8:34 am

I can't advise but really hope that you can hang on for longer. If you have no protein then I am sure that is a good sign, even if the BP needs more medication.

Best wishes

Jules
Back to top Go down
Lesley
Forum Friend
Lesley

PostSubject: Re: me again... bp this time   me again... bp this time EmptyTue 11 Aug 2009, 9:54 am

If you're worried about it then ring your mw or, if you can, ring your cons secretary and ask to speak to him. He may want to see you earlier and perhaps do some bloods to make sure. Take care and keep us informed. xxx
Back to top Go down
Liz Pidgley
Admin
Liz Pidgley

PostSubject: Re: me again... bp this time   me again... bp this time EmptyFri 14 Aug 2009, 1:45 pm

Hi Berrylicious,

I hope things are well & bump is still growing nicely.
Your fluctuating BP could obviously be the monster rearing its head again - and as you know, the fear of this wont truly go until baby is safely in your arms where s/he should be - and at the right time.
If the methyldopa isnt contolling your BP then it is definatley worth taking to your GP or Consultant. If nothing else a scan to check blood flow & baby are still happy.

If it really is PE again, watch for a change of movement in baby as this can sometimes be an early warning sign too. Obviously no protein is a good sign but no guarantee. Any more than a 1+ and I suggest asking for a PCR or creatinine clearance test of the urine.

Dont worry about hitting the panic buttons, I would rather see you every day & know that all was as expected rather than wait & an event occur.

Keep us posted.
Warm wishes
Liz
Back to top Go down
http://www.preeclampsiasupport.com
berrylicious
Forum Friend
berrylicious

PostSubject: Re: me again... bp this time   me again... bp this time EmptySun 23 Aug 2009, 12:44 pm

hi, I saw my consultant at 28+3 and he was not too worried, baby Robyn is growing very well and her fluid level and blood flow is fine. I had an EXCELLENT bp reading (140/76) at the clinic which is just so typical isn't it??!! I did tell them that my bp had been rising inbetween tablets and my consultant said that with no other symptoms then it's not pre e but pregnancy induced hypertension. This is of course just how matthew started and the pre e came a few days later but so far there's nothing, nada, ziltch, no protein, no pain, no swelling. I'm on 4 tablets now so upped from 3 and it brings the bp down and they're happy wiht that. I continue to test bp and urine daily and know when to phone.

Yesterday I was 29 weeks! It feels amazing just to get passed little matthew's gestation. Hopefully I'll lie low for another week and get to 30 weeks next weekend cheers

Thanks for your replies Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Liz Pidgley
Admin
Liz Pidgley

PostSubject: Re: me again... bp this time   me again... bp this time EmptyTue 25 Aug 2009, 5:01 pm

Congratulations on 29 weeks mark!

Let keep hoping Robyn will enjoy where she is for a few more weeks yet!

Best Wishes
Liz
Back to top Go down
http://www.preeclampsiasupport.com
becky83
Forum Friend
becky83

PostSubject: Re: me again... bp this time   me again... bp this time EmptyMon 21 Sep 2009, 7:34 pm

hey honey

hope all is ok your end x x
Back to top Go down
berrylicious
Forum Friend
berrylicious

PostSubject: Re: me again... bp this time   me again... bp this time EmptyTue 22 Sep 2009, 4:11 pm

hi all

still here and cooking this little girl. I'mm 33 weeks now, very exciting!!!!

robyn continues to grow well, she was 4lb 9oz at 32 weeks Very Happy

my bp medication is upped again to 6 tablets a day, and I continue to get high bp readings 160/100 at some points during the day. Protein is sitting at +1 most days. swelling in hands is terrible, especially first thing in the morning. no admission yet tho, they're quite happy with my self monitoring at home for now.
Back to top Go down
Laurie
Admin

PostSubject: Re: me again... bp this time   me again... bp this time EmptyTue 22 Sep 2009, 7:05 pm

Rock on!! That's brilliant! Already bigger than Joe was at 35 wks! Just hang in there - glad they're happy just keeping an eye on you. I loved that feeling, when I was pregnant with Jim, that my consultant trusted me (altho the registrar didn't... bounce ) - it really helped me trust him when he decided he needed to take control.

Oh, take good care of all of you.
xLaurie
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: me again... bp this time   me again... bp this time Empty

Back to top Go down

me again... bp this time
Page 1 of 1