Pre Eclampsia support
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Pre Eclampsia support

For Women & their families who have suffered with Pre Eclampsia, Eclampsia, HELLP syndrome, Pregnancy induced hypertension (PIH) and related conditions.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Wanting to start again

Go down 
+3
Lesley
Caroline
Bea's Mummy
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Bea's Mummy
Forum Friend

Wanting to start again Empty
PostSubject: Wanting to start again   Wanting to start again EmptyThu 17 Dec 2009, 7:20 pm

Hi,
I'm new on here and really glad I was pointed in this direction after joining another site. I recently suffered with severe preeclampsia and hellp. I was 26 weeks and had a beautiful baby girl, 'Beatrice' by c section. Unfortunately, due to IUGR she weighed 1lb 2oz and survived 5 days in neonatal. We lost Bea on the 27th Sep 09 and she was due at Christmas. Everything just feels so empty and I am doing my best to cope. The only thing that keeps me going is the thought of trying for another baby - even though I know I can't replace her. I am really pleased this site is here because reading other peoples success stories the second time round gives me some hope! I have been told by my consultant that I can try again in the new year...was slightly concerned by the gap between pregnancies with c-section (if it happens that is!!) although my consultant does not seem worried. Has anyone else got pregnant 3/4 months after a c-section? Was everything ok??
Thanks in advance,
Lizzie
Back to top Go down
Caroline
Forum Friend
Caroline

PostSubject: Re: Wanting to start again   Wanting to start again EmptyThu 17 Dec 2009, 8:03 pm

Hi Lizzie,

Am so sorry to hear of the loss of little Beatrice. It must be such an upsetting time for you at the moment, especially as you were due around now. My heart goes out to you.

In answer to your question, yes I fell pregnant 4 months after my emergency c-section. Apart from a little bit of tenderness round my scar which my midwife said was down to the scar tissue stretching everything was absolutely fine. I gave birth to Tilly 3 weeks early and also by c-section a year and 2 weeks after my first one.

Take good care.
Love Caroline xxx
Back to top Go down
Bea's Mummy
Forum Friend

PostSubject: Re: Wanting to start again   Wanting to start again EmptyThu 17 Dec 2009, 9:19 pm

Thank you Caroline. That puts my mind at rest a little, got enough to worry about in the next pregnancy without worrying about c-section scars as well! Hopefully I will be in your situation next year and get to 37weeks everything crossed.
Back to top Go down
Lesley
Forum Friend
Lesley

PostSubject: Re: Wanting to start again   Wanting to start again EmptyThu 17 Dec 2009, 11:01 pm

So sad little Bea couldn't stay.

My sister in law had c-sections just 11 months apart and everything was fine. She went through 24 hours of labour before the second c-section but like the first she didn't progress and the baby got stressed but the docs were happy with her trying.
Back to top Go down
Liz Pidgley
Admin
Liz Pidgley

PostSubject: Re: Wanting to start again   Wanting to start again EmptyFri 18 Dec 2009, 3:23 pm

Hi Lizzie,

Welcome to the site, Im glad you found us.

I am sorry to hear that Beatrice couldnt stay. Im sure her 5 days with you are most precious memories to treasure forever.

C-sections really do depend on their nature and how well you recover. I would say that as your consultant is not too concerned then you should all be fine, however, if you are still not sure, you are entitled to ask for a 2nd opinion.

I hope this helps & that you continue to find the support you want from us & all the ladies here.

Warm wishes
Liz
Back to top Go down
http://www.preeclampsiasupport.com
Bell
Forum Friend
Bell

PostSubject: Re: Wanting to start again   Wanting to start again EmptyFri 18 Dec 2009, 8:38 pm

Hi Lizzie,

Welcome to the forum. I am so sorry for the loss of your beatiful baby girl Beatrice. I hope you can find some comfort and answers here.

Bell.x
Back to top Go down
Bea's Mummy
Forum Friend

PostSubject: Re: Wanting to start again   Wanting to start again EmptyFri 18 Dec 2009, 9:38 pm

Thank you all for your messages, its good talking to people who understand and have been through the same thing.
Back to top Go down
jules
Forum Friend
jules

PostSubject: Re: Wanting to start again   Wanting to start again EmptySun 20 Dec 2009, 11:10 am

Lizzie,

I am so sorry to hear about your daughter; I lost my daughter too at 26 weeks in May this year. My daughter was stillborn though, so I did not have a caesarean. I started trying again after a few months, but miscarried in November. I am planning on trying again in the New Year. I don't need to tell you how hard this year has been, but I have not yet given up hope entirely.

Take care of yourself, I hope you find support here, and feel free to conact me if you ever want to talk.

jules x
Back to top Go down
Bea's Mummy
Forum Friend

PostSubject: Re: Wanting to start again   Wanting to start again EmptySun 20 Dec 2009, 1:07 pm

Thanks Jules. I'm sorry about the loss of your little one. It's so sad to read all these stories, I just was so unaware of this until it happened to me! Everybody I know makes pregnancy look easy!! I agree, I think the new year is the time to start again, and hopefully next year will be the best ever for all of us on this site. That's what I tell myself anyway. I'm sorry about your miscarriage, it must have been very hard for you. Don't give up hope although I know it's easier said than done.
Lizzie
Back to top Go down
emmie
Forum Friend
emmie

PostSubject: Re: Wanting to start again   Wanting to start again EmptyTue 22 Dec 2009, 10:39 am

Hi Lizzie

Really sorry to hear about the loss of your daughter, Beatrice. I recently lost my son Richard, he was born early Nov at 24+6 weeks gestation and it is still so raw. Like you I was so unaware of this horrible condition.

We have also decided to try again in the Spring. Another baby could never replace my darling son, but I really want another baby, even though I am absolutely terrified!

Hope you get all the support and help you need through both this difficult time and when you do get pregnant again.

Emma
xxx
Back to top Go down
Bea's Mummy
Forum Friend

PostSubject: Re: Wanting to start again   Wanting to start again EmptyTue 22 Dec 2009, 4:30 pm

Thank you Emma. I'm sorry to hear about your little boy also. I know what you mean, it is so raw and just seems so unfair. Like you say, having another baby is not a replacement in any way...but sometimes I feel guilty for wanting one so soon. I suppose it is a natural reaction. I'm scared also. I just pray that if it comes back it's later than 32 weeks. Full term would feel like a miracle!! Hopefully we can communicate throughout our next pregnancies and keep strong.
Lizzie
Back to top Go down
Bea's Mummy
Forum Friend

PostSubject: Re: Wanting to start again   Wanting to start again EmptyThu 24 Dec 2009, 9:05 am

Hi everyone,
Just another couple of questions...I have recently had my results back from consultant. I haven't got antiphospholipid syndrome, which is obviously great news. Just wondering if there is anything else I should ask to be tested for? I have had my thyroid checked etc but not entirely sure what else.
Thanks,
Lizzie
Back to top Go down
jules
Forum Friend
jules

PostSubject: Re: Wanting to start again   Wanting to start again EmptyMon 04 Jan 2010, 9:58 am

I've also had checks of kidney function (eGFR - you GP can do that for you), and 24 hour blood pressure monitoring. I've also been checked for other blood clotting disorders including protein S, protein C, fibrinogen, Factor V Leiden, PT, APT, antithrombin III. Your GP can run all these as well, and that's not too much to ask for, considering your history.

Best wishes
Back to top Go down
Bea's Mummy
Forum Friend

PostSubject: Re: Wanting to start again   Wanting to start again EmptyTue 05 Jan 2010, 6:46 pm

Thanks Jules,
I shall take your list to the doctor with me tmrw. Very helpful.
Lizzie
Back to top Go down
jules
Forum Friend
jules

PostSubject: Re: Wanting to start again   Wanting to start again EmptyTue 05 Jan 2010, 10:00 pm

Thinking more I also had a lot of tests done for various auto-immune disorders - I can't remember which ones off hand but I can check if you wish? I've also had cholesterol tests done but its best not to have those done until at least 3-6 months after giving birth because normal pregnancy, and pre-eclampsia, increase cholesterol levels.

Hope the appointment goes well tomorrow

Jules x
Back to top Go down
Liz Pidgley
Admin
Liz Pidgley

PostSubject: Re: Wanting to start again   Wanting to start again EmptyFri 08 Jan 2010, 3:07 pm

Hi Ladies,

Jules thanks for putting that post. You are absolutley right, given all our histories a few blood tests is not much to ask for.

Lizzie & Emmie, it might be worth considering an expert referral. If you PM me & let me know what part of the country you are in I will return you some names & contact details.

What ever you decide, going into another pregnancy armed with all the facts will help you feel far more in control, which is something this horrid condition robs us of alot of the time.

Best Wishes

Liz
Back to top Go down
Bea's Mummy
Forum Friend

PostSubject: Re: Wanting to start again   Wanting to start again EmptySat 09 Jan 2010, 4:00 pm

Thanks Jules again, have spoken to my GP. He has gone through with me what I have been tested for...lots it appears, I suppose they have not wanted to bog me down with too much information at once! There are still a couple that have not been done though so have asked. Liz, I live in Shropshire, not far from Shrewsbury. Is there an expert nearby?
Thanks,
Lizzie
Back to top Go down
Liz Pidgley
Admin
Liz Pidgley

PostSubject: Re: Wanting to start again   Wanting to start again EmptyMon 11 Jan 2010, 5:13 pm

Hi Lizzie,

Ive PM'd you!

Best Wishes
Liz
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Wanting to start again   Wanting to start again Empty

Back to top Go down

Wanting to start again
Page 1 of 1