Pre Eclampsia support
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Pre Eclampsia support

For Women & their families who have suffered with Pre Eclampsia, Eclampsia, HELLP syndrome, Pregnancy induced hypertension (PIH) and related conditions.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

16 week scan...

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
jules
Forum Friend
jules

16 week scan... Empty
PostSubject: 16 week scan...   16 week scan... EmptySat 17 Jul 2010, 10:59 am

Was ok this week. I ended up in hospital with food posioning and on a drip last weekend, so have been very anxious, but the baby doesn't seem affected at all, as far as anyone can tell. They really struggled to find the heart beat initially though which is pretty worrying when you've already had a stillbirth - but now I realise from the scan that the placenta is anterior, so the baby can hide behind it. My pregnancy with Alice had a anterior placenta too - it must implant easier there for some reason on me.

Not confirmed yet, but I'm thinking (I have some pretty good photos) that this one is a boy. I'm delighted it looks fine of course, but also sad that this may be really the end of my dream of having a daughter. Not that I want to sound ungrateful or upset about the possibility of having a boy; its just different and not what I originally was expecting. Pregnancy after loss is just so very hard emotionally .....

Hope everyone else is fine xx

Back to top Go down
Bell
Forum Friend
Bell

16 week scan... Empty
PostSubject: Re: 16 week scan...   16 week scan... EmptySat 17 Jul 2010, 6:19 pm

Hi Jules,

Glad the scan went well and that you are now feeling better.

Take care.xx
Back to top Go down
Bea's Mummy
Forum Friend

16 week scan... Empty
PostSubject: Re: 16 week scan...   16 week scan... EmptySun 18 Jul 2010, 8:17 am

Hi Jules,
Very glad to hear your scan went well and you are getting better. You're right, pregnancy after a loss is so horrible.

Lizzie
Back to top Go down
Liz Pidgley
Admin
Liz Pidgley

16 week scan... Empty
PostSubject: Re: 16 week scan...   16 week scan... EmptySun 18 Jul 2010, 11:31 am

Hi Jules,

Im glad the scan went well despite a few hair raising moments.
Keep us posted.

Best WIshes
Liz
Back to top Go down
http://www.preeclampsiasupport.com
emmie
Forum Friend
emmie

16 week scan... Empty
PostSubject: Re: 16 week scan...   16 week scan... EmptySun 18 Jul 2010, 6:45 pm

Hi Jules,

Glad you're feeling better, I bet it really scared you having to be admitted! Also, really pleased the baby is looking well. I had an anterior placenta in my last pregnancy and hardly felt any movement from Ricky, which had me nervous without even knowing I was going to develop PE. So, I know it can be worrying, but at least you know why if you don't feel the baby much.

Take care
Emma
xx
Back to top Go down
jules
Forum Friend
jules

16 week scan... Empty
PostSubject: Re: 16 week scan...   16 week scan... EmptyMon 19 Jul 2010, 9:11 am

Thanks Emmie

No, anterior placentas are not ideal in a high risk pregnancy.

I thought that Alice might have been moving a bit less in 4-5 days before I was admitted with severe PE last May but I wasn't really that sure as I'd never felt movement on a daily basis anyway. I felt really guilty I had not picked up on that and got help earlier but if I'd been feeling a lot of movement I think it might have been a lot easier to detect.

Its also just scarey when they take ages to find the HB.

Best wishes and glad you are ok also
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

16 week scan... Empty
PostSubject: Re: 16 week scan...   16 week scan... Empty

Back to top Go down

16 week scan...
Page 1 of 1