Pre Eclampsia support
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Pre Eclampsia support

For Women & their families who have suffered with Pre Eclampsia, Eclampsia, HELLP syndrome, Pregnancy induced hypertension (PIH) and related conditions.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Vomiting and not feeling great ... any advice?

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
jules
Forum Friend
jules

Vomiting and not feeling great ... any advice? Empty
PostSubject: Vomiting and not feeling great ... any advice?   Vomiting and not feeling great ... any advice? EmptyThu 22 Jul 2010, 8:06 pm

Hi,

I am only 17+1 today, and really don't believe I'm going to set the world record for the earliest ever onset HELLP case but something is really not right....

The last couple of evenings I've been vomiting a little - I feel almost like I have really bad indigestion, heart burn, acid reflux etc. It could be food poisoning but I'm not sure... When I had HELLP at 26 weeks it was with mild vomiting and back pain (which I don't have right now).

In addition, I've had a really bad cold this week and have headaches, pain across my face and ears (sinus pain I reckon), sore throat, lumps appearing on my tongue.

I walked up 6 flights of stairs today and had to lie down when I reached the top as my heart was just really pounding. Until a couple of weeks ago I was still running 20 miles or so per week and doing circuit training - so a few stairs should really not trouble me that much. I just feel tired and generally a bit cr*p, despite sleeping well.

I'm currently abroad until next tuesday evening, so just popping in to my hospital is not an option. I am in Tunisia - totally cleared by my doctors just before I left. Ugh!

I'm working with people who are medically trained so if I was really in trouble I could get help fast and some one would be able to check BP and protein for me. I had that checked exactly a week ago today and all was totally normal. But I don't want to start a panic amongst my colleagues here without really good reason.

I know no-one can diagnose over the internet, but was wondering if anyone had had really severe indigestion like this before? I know that can happen during pregnancy, and obviously I'm not eating my normal diet because I am abroad. I really seem quite big for 17 weeks - I'm about the same size I was with Alice at 25 weeks last pregnancy (although I was really tiny then).

Thanks
Back to top Go down
Bea's Mummy
Forum Friend

PostSubject: Re: Vomiting and not feeling great ... any advice?   Vomiting and not feeling great ... any advice? EmptyWed 28 Jul 2010, 6:49 am

Hi Jules,
Just wondering how you are now? Has the vomiting etc gone? I know I had these symptoms last time but a lot of people who have PE free pregnancies also seem to have similar! I think these can be completely normal but just get checked anyway.
Lizzie
Back to top Go down
jules
Forum Friend
jules

PostSubject: Re: Vomiting and not feeling great ... any advice?   Vomiting and not feeling great ... any advice? EmptyThu 29 Jul 2010, 9:58 am

Thanks - am still just not feeling very well and haven't been for some weeks now - I'm off work. I have been checked out for PE/HELLP though so its not that (& that was very unlikely at 18 weeks anyway) - just some bad infection I'm not recovering from very fast for some reason. The baby seems fine as far as anyone can tell.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Vomiting and not feeling great ... any advice?   Vomiting and not feeling great ... any advice? Empty

Back to top Go down

Vomiting and not feeling great ... any advice?
Page 1 of 1