Pre Eclampsia support
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Pre Eclampsia support

For Women & their families who have suffered with Pre Eclampsia, Eclampsia, HELLP syndrome, Pregnancy induced hypertension (PIH) and related conditions.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Work

Go down 
+2
Bea's Mummy
emmie
6 posters
AuthorMessage
emmie
Forum Friend
emmie

Work Empty
PostSubject: Work   Work EmptyFri 30 Jul 2010, 10:56 am

Can I ask all you pregnant and recently pregnant ladies what you are doing about work? I did ask my Consultant and he said it was up to me, but he was concerned that I might just sit around home worrying.

I just know last time I felt so ill and pushed myself and feel so guilty about it now. I know all the studies say stress can't cause PE but surely not being stressed is better. I just don't know what to do- part of me says stay off and if anything does happen at least I've done all I can, but another part of me says just continue on as normal. When discussing it with family and friends some seem to think going off early is a good idea and some don't. By the way, I was thinking (if I do!) of going off at 20 weeks.

Just wondering what everyone else is doing/has done?

Emma
Back to top Go down
Bea's Mummy
Forum Friend

Work Empty
PostSubject: Re: Work   Work EmptyFri 30 Jul 2010, 3:41 pm

This is something I've debated too! I think i'm lucky because of teaching (like yourself!) I have finished work now until Sept 2010. Obviously I am on hol now but am hoping to either be signed off to rest by the doc or if he won't do it I'll start maternity leave in Sep. Looking back, I was so poorly last time. I was seriously swollen, dragging myself into work and feeling awful. I just do not need the extra pressure of a very hectic job when I need to concentrate on my baby! If I were you, 20 wks sounds like a good idea, I am really happy knowing that I don't need to get up in the morning!!
Lizzie
Back to top Go down
Bell
Forum Friend
Bell

Work Empty
PostSubject: Re: Work   Work EmptyFri 30 Jul 2010, 3:58 pm

Hi Emma,

I've already stopped work. My GP signed me off orignially because my morning sickness ( or should i say all day sickness!) was bad until i was 16 weeks. But he believes i shouldn't be at work and my boss has said she doesn't want to see me back until the baby is born. I'm only 18 -5 at the moment. I've not been sitting worrying but taking time to get those little things done that i don't normally have time for.

If i was at work i would be worrying about hurting myself or the baby. Feel much more relaxed.

Best wishes

Bell.xx
Back to top Go down
sparkling
Forum Friend

Work Empty
PostSubject: Re: Work   Work EmptySun 01 Aug 2010, 5:54 am

I ended up finishing at 27 weeks again because I got a nasty cold and daughter no 1 was in hospital. I was signed off sick until 36 weeks when my holiday started and then m leave. Not working helped to a certain extent as I qas much calmer.
Back to top Go down
jules
Forum Friend
jules

Work Empty
PostSubject: Re: Work   Work EmptyMon 02 Aug 2010, 5:47 pm

I will be staying at work as long as I can - partly from necessity (I've had to change jobs during this pregnancy, so I will not get any sick pay if I take time off -nor will I receive maternity pay and for thar reason I won't be able to stay off as long as I'd like after birth either). Though even if it wasn't financially necessary I think I would prefer to stay at work rather than spend my time at home stressing.

Of course, if I start to get sick this will have to change, so I am not really confident. I have managed to pass some of my work to supportive colleagues so my hours are not extreme now and I'm not feeling too stressed by work.

Back to top Go down
nicki
Forum Friend

Work Empty
PostSubject: Re: Work   Work EmptyTue 03 Aug 2010, 1:51 pm

HI, I decided to work until 35 weeks- taking a risk as I never finished work last time before I delivered. However, work are fab and I'm winding down all the time. I usually work on home visits with children but I'm doing more and more desk work which is good. I'm also winding down in the hours I do each week so I'm taking lots of annual leave. Now I've got to 30 weeks I'm finding it easier working than being at home with a toddler as physical things wear me out.
Nicki
Back to top Go down
emmie
Forum Friend
emmie

Work Empty
PostSubject: Re: Work   Work EmptyWed 04 Aug 2010, 10:33 am

Thankyou for your replies ladies.

To be honest I'm still a bit torn about what to do, so think I'm just going to go back in Sept (I'm a teacher) and see how I feel. I know my GP said he'd sign me off early if I wanted and I am sort of tempted to do everything I can to keep myself as stress free as possible. Just don't know!

Thanks again
Emma
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Work Empty
PostSubject: Re: Work   Work Empty

Back to top Go down

Work
Page 1 of 1