Pre Eclampsia support
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Pre Eclampsia support

For Women & their families who have suffered with Pre Eclampsia, Eclampsia, HELLP syndrome, Pregnancy induced hypertension (PIH) and related conditions.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

19 + 4 Scan

Go down 
+2
jules
Bell
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Bell
Forum Friend
Bell

19 + 4 Scan Empty
PostSubject: 19 + 4 Scan   19 + 4 Scan EmptyFri 06 Aug 2010, 3:50 pm

Hi Everyone,

Had my detailed scan today. Was totally stressing before it. I was even sick with nerves before i left the house this morning.

Glad to say all the worry was for nothing. Scan went well. Baby has all its bits and is a good size. Placenta still lying low at present and baby in breech position but still plenty of time for both to sort themselves out. Baby was very active during scan which was lovely to see. I didn't ask the sex, want it to be a surprise.

Had been worried this week as i now have swelling in my hands and ankles. Also had a trace of protein earlier in the week. Today urine clear, BP normal and consultant happy it is normal pregnancy oedema. So feel much more reassured.

Hope everyone else doing well.

Bell.xxx
Back to top Go down
jules
Forum Friend
jules

19 + 4 Scan Empty
PostSubject: Re: 19 + 4 Scan   19 + 4 Scan EmptyFri 06 Aug 2010, 5:57 pm

That's great news. Really hope it continues ...

I've been stressed too as due to a bad cold (I think); I keep getting bad headaches and running off somewhere to have BP etc. checked out. As I developed PE so early, with very minor symptoms until the last day, I think it might be like that from now on for me

I have the 20 week scan next week too. Think I know the gender already; it was a bit obvious at 16 weeks already....

Best wishes xx

Back to top Go down
Mossy
Forum Friend
Mossy

19 + 4 Scan Empty
PostSubject: Re: 19 + 4 Scan   19 + 4 Scan EmptySat 07 Aug 2010, 7:27 am

Glad it went well. We are waiting to find out what our surprise is next month too!
Back to top Go down
Bell
Forum Friend
Bell

19 + 4 Scan Empty
PostSubject: Re: 19 + 4 Scan   19 + 4 Scan EmptySat 07 Aug 2010, 12:44 pm

Hi Jules, hope your not too stressed. I went and bought myself a BP machine last week so i can check my own BP at home. Got it in Tesco £19.99. Its the same brand as the one my midwife uses.

I've been getting bad headaches since early in the pregnancy too but my consultant said it was just to do with my hormones.

Hope all goes well with your scan.

Good luck Mossy. Not long now.

Bell.XX
Back to top Go down
Bea's Mummy
Forum Friend

19 + 4 Scan Empty
PostSubject: Re: 19 + 4 Scan   19 + 4 Scan EmptySat 07 Aug 2010, 4:58 pm

Hi Bell,
Glad to hear all was well for you. I have had a lot of headaches too...i'm hoping they are just hormonal. Fingers crossed for us all!

Lizzie
Back to top Go down
*Carole*
Forum Friend
*Carole*

19 + 4 Scan Empty
PostSubject: Re: 19 + 4 Scan   19 + 4 Scan EmptySat 07 Aug 2010, 7:32 pm

I'm guilty of being a lurker and try and pop onto the boards and read your updates but don't always get the chance to log in and post, so today I have made time. I just want to say I am thinking of you all as you journey through these new pregnancies and wish you helathy and happy times. sending you my love
xxxxxxx
Carole

p.s Mossy- your baby's due date is Luke's second birthday.
Back to top Go down
emmie
Forum Friend
emmie

19 + 4 Scan Empty
PostSubject: Re: 19 + 4 Scan   19 + 4 Scan EmptySun 08 Aug 2010, 11:26 am

Hi Bell,

Glad everything went ok at the scan, may it all continue this way. Sorry you felt really sick before the scan, but can I just say, I'm glad it's not just me. Before every single appointment, scan, Consultant, midwife, GP, I'm sick to my stomach with nerves! Suppose it's only natural after what happened last time.

Here's to another boring 20 weeks!
Take care
Emma
Back to top Go down
jules
Forum Friend
jules

19 + 4 Scan Empty
PostSubject: Re: 19 + 4 Scan   19 + 4 Scan EmptySun 08 Aug 2010, 4:43 pm

I might get a BP monitor too; though I was going to ask the hospital if they might lend me one first :-) What is the make of the BP monitor you bought Bell? £20 is a good price.

Thanks
Back to top Go down
Bell
Forum Friend
Bell

19 + 4 Scan Empty
PostSubject: Re: 19 + 4 Scan   19 + 4 Scan EmptyMon 09 Aug 2010, 9:09 am

Hi Jules, its a MX2 Basic by OMRON. Its really easy to use and you don't need someone else their to take the measurement for you. Feel more reassured having it as i can stick it on anytime i'm worried.

Hi Emma, its so natural to feel this way. Wish we didn't. Roll on week 38.

Best wishes
Bell.x
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

19 + 4 Scan Empty
PostSubject: Re: 19 + 4 Scan   19 + 4 Scan Empty

Back to top Go down

19 + 4 Scan
Page 1 of 1