Pre Eclampsia support
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Pre Eclampsia support

For Women & their families who have suffered with Pre Eclampsia, Eclampsia, HELLP syndrome, Pregnancy induced hypertension (PIH) and related conditions.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

not happy now!

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
jules
Forum Friend
jules

not happy now!  Empty
PostSubject: not happy now!    not happy now!  EmptySun 05 Dec 2010, 7:35 pm

Hi, now 36+4, started feeling ill on friday (headaches and right side pain). Went into hospital yesterday, baby was monitored for two hours and seemed fine; my BP was 120/80, no protein. Everything else (blood tests, reflexes etc) normal. The right side pain was attributed to position of baby's knee!

But I still just don't feel right. My BP was 130/80 this evening which I accept is perfectly ok, but much higher than my baseline (around 110/60). Mild but persistent headache. BP keeps coming out around that sort of level; still no protein. But above all, I've only felt baby move a couple of times today. I can't keep going back into hospital (and have appt tuesday anyway), but things just feel slightly off now. Not sure what to do? Or whether to call again during office hours?
Back to top Go down
Liz Pidgley
Admin
Liz Pidgley

not happy now!  Empty
PostSubject: Re: not happy now!    not happy now!  EmptySun 05 Dec 2010, 10:18 pm

Hi Jules,

Sorry to hear you are not feeling well.
As I recall you didnt get poorly until really late in your last pregnancy is that right? If so, that is clinically significant and must be paid attention to.
If they did a doppler, that might help to allay some of your worries.
Or they could send you home with some dipstix & a BP machine.

Follow your instinct - its why you have it. Dont be afraid to keep asking for help.

Keep us posted & I hope that this is as innocent at they are saying.

Warm wishes
Liz
Back to top Go down
http://www.preeclampsiasupport.com
Bell
Forum Friend
Bell

not happy now!  Empty
PostSubject: Re: not happy now!    not happy now!  EmptySun 05 Dec 2010, 10:21 pm

Hi Jules,

Sorry to hear your not feeling right. You did the right thing going to get checked out. But if you still don't feel well and are worried about reduced movement go straight back to the hospital. It is better to go back everyday for a check up and everything be fine with you both.

I had a headache for nearly a week about two weeks ago and just didn't feel right. Bloods came back normal but they felt it was a viral thing rather than anything else and said a number of pregnant woman had been in over the past few weeks with similar symptoms.

Take care and let us know how you get on.

Best wishes

Bell.
Back to top Go down
thaiba2000
Forum Friend
thaiba2000

not happy now!  Empty
PostSubject: Re: not happy now!    not happy now!  EmptyMon 06 Dec 2010, 9:39 am

Hey Jules, Im sorry that your not feeling right and i know how much you must be worrying but this is your body and your baby and you have a right to ask for help as many times as you require it. I think you should them because only you know how your feeling. They may examine you and say "youre fine" but if you still dont feel "fine" then makesure they know this.
Jules, at the end of it it might be nothing and just 3rd trimester pregnany symptoms. I know my sister in law, when she went onto her 37th week of pregnancy she got all the lovely morning sickeness back and the joys of not being able to move because the baby filled up every space for her to move.
Get it checked out hon, you are your own and your babys advocate... Keep us updated on how things go the next few weeks and how tomrows appointement goes.
Praying for you...

Back to top Go down
jules
Forum Friend
jules

not happy now!  Empty
PostSubject: Re: not happy now!    not happy now!  EmptyMon 06 Dec 2010, 1:08 pm

Yes, thanks all. I actually feel a bit better this morning, and my BP and protein have been ok so not absolutely rushing back in. I still feel the baby is moving less, but I have still felt her this am. And the CTG on sat showed that most times she moves I just don't feel it - for whatever reason.

Of course, it might be that the last few weeks of a "normal" pregnancy many women just feel a bit rough; although I'm glad to have got this far its really not fun being the size of a small house, clumsy, heartburn, unable to move around much etc. I will be happy to just stop. And I'm probably on the wrong forum to ask women what a "normal" pregnancy feels like towards the end!

I have an appointment tomorrow anyway. Will let you know how it goes, thanks again..
Back to top Go down
emmie
Forum Friend
emmie

not happy now!  Empty
PostSubject: Re: not happy now!    not happy now!  EmptyMon 06 Dec 2010, 5:21 pm

Hi Jules,

Glad you're feeling a bit better today, but like the others said go in if your symptoms get worse! My hospital, and I'm sure yours are the same, said they don't mind if I go in every day if it's going to put my mind at ease, so please go if it will make you feel better.

About the baby movement, I'm the same as you. Sometimes I can't feel him move even when I can see him clearly kick on the scans. I asked about this and have been told it's probably because of my anterior placenta- could this be the same for you?

Take care, you've done so well and not long now!
Emma
Back to top Go down
jules
Forum Friend
jules

not happy now!  Empty
PostSubject: Re: not happy now!    not happy now!  EmptyMon 06 Dec 2010, 6:00 pm

Yep - could be. Had anterior placenta with both this pregnancy and my previous one with Alice and never really felt a great deal.

Anterior placentas are annoying in high risk pregnancies!

Thanks - and hope all going well for you too x
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

not happy now!  Empty
PostSubject: Re: not happy now!    not happy now!  Empty

Back to top Go down

not happy now!
Page 1 of 1