Pre Eclampsia support
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Pre Eclampsia support

For Women & their families who have suffered with Pre Eclampsia, Eclampsia, HELLP syndrome, Pregnancy induced hypertension (PIH) and related conditions.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Happy 3rd Birthday!

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Liz Pidgley
Admin
Liz Pidgley

Happy 3rd Birthday! Empty
PostSubject: Happy 3rd Birthday!   Happy 3rd Birthday! EmptyTue 26 Apr 2011, 11:00 am

Dear Community,

I cannot believe it has been 3 years since this forum opened its windows!

From such a small beginning, together we have seen this forum grow into the very active 'safe space' for us to share our worries and delight in the beautiful posts of new arrivals.
Sadly the activity here reflects that pre-eclampsia and all its guises still effect so many women and their babies - I really wish that there was simply no need for a community like ours.

I watch the developments in detecting, managing or even preventing PE and am really pleased that care does seem to be improving but the miracle cure is still some way off yet - we simply just dont understand all the facets of this horrible condition, but, together we offer each other the support and care we so badly need when PE does hit.
We become the virtual hugs that help to banish the lonliness and the whole spectrum of emotions that are felt from people who have 'been there too'.

For this I am incredibly proud.

In terms of 'moving forward' I was approached by a journalist who found our site recently and asked me to quote on the article printed in The Times back at the end of March.

"Deaths in pregnancy from pre-eclampsia are shocking and needless, say experts"
The Times Published: 29 March 2011
(Full letter published in 'pre eclampsia in the news'... forum.)

The journalist then went on to a full interview about our work here & publish our address. Of course we will have to wait & see what actually reaches the shelves but it does show that our community is beginning to reach further afield to the 'nationals'.
This is a great birthday present!

Thank you all for having the courage to post when emotions are so raw and for offering the support to those who need us most.

With Thanks and warmest wishes for the future.

Liz

Last edited by Liz Pidgley on Tue 26 Apr 2011, 4:04 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://www.preeclampsiasupport.com
*Carole*
Forum Friend
*Carole*

Happy 3rd Birthday! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Happy 3rd Birthday!   Happy 3rd Birthday! EmptyTue 26 Apr 2011, 11:59 am

Congratulation Liz and thank you for your hard work.
I can't explain the relief I felt when I found this site.
Back to top Go down

Happy 3rd Birthday!
Page 1 of 1