Pre Eclampsia support
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Pre Eclampsia support

For Women & their families who have suffered with Pre Eclampsia, Eclampsia, HELLP syndrome, Pregnancy induced hypertension (PIH) and related conditions.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Health Anxiety

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
xxjaidexx
New User

Health Anxiety Empty
PostSubject: Health Anxiety   Health Anxiety EmptyThu 09 Jun 2011, 9:17 pm

Hi Lizl,

Last April, I was diagnose with severe-pre-eclampsia&had to have my LO by emergency caesarean at 28 weeks. She was in special care for 10 weeks and is absolutely fine now.
However, as I didn't know I had pre-eclampsia it just so happened I had a midwife appointment and it was found through urine and blood pressure checks. I felt fine&had no symptoms at all apart from swollen hands which when I called my midwife said it was because I was preganant&it was hot. Since then, I have become a complete loon with my health, like some sort of Health Anxiety. Think its because I was seriously ill without knowing. It really has taken over my life now im constantly worrying about every ache, pain itch etc etc and have so many horrible anxiety symptoms.

Just wanted to know if this is normal?

Thanks

Jaide x
Back to top Go down
amanda9
Forum Friend

Health Anxiety Empty
PostSubject: Re: Health Anxiety   Health Anxiety EmptySat 11 Jun 2011, 6:17 pm

It was certainly what I went through after the event. it took me a long time to calm down afterwards - I thinks it a kind of post traumatic shock. It does get better eventually: give yourself time.
Back to top Go down

Health Anxiety
Page 1 of 1