Pre Eclampsia support
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Pre Eclampsia support

For Women & their families who have suffered with Pre Eclampsia, Eclampsia, HELLP syndrome, Pregnancy induced hypertension (PIH) and related conditions.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

My story

Go down 
+12
Nicki D
emma29
HelenA
Abbie
alka
MrsCav
ingrid
Penny
Caroline
mouse
Liz Pidgley
Carrie06
16 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
AuthorMessage
Laurie
Admin

My story - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: My story   My story - Page 5 EmptyWed 18 Feb 2009, 5:31 pm

I think it's more that if the scar does rupture then there isn't time to get you out of the pool before something horrible goes wrong.

Hang in there! And hope it all goes well - if the baby is engaging already that has to be good. You're doing so brilliantly, but I know that it's not over til it's over, and it will be hard not to fret until you have that baby in your arms.

Take care
xx
Back to top Go down
MrsCav
Forum Friend
MrsCav

My story - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: My story   My story - Page 5 EmptyFri 20 Feb 2009, 4:49 pm

Thanks Laurie i apprichiate your advice i have my last scan next friday so hopefully that will show that everything is still ok but after 36 weeks it's not so bad to deliver.
Just need to keep on going. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Carrie06
Forum Friend
Carrie06

My story - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: My story   My story - Page 5 EmptyFri 20 Mar 2009, 9:35 am

Hi all, haven't been on in a while - serious nesting is underway as I try to clean every inch of my house. My husband is afraid to sit still in case I drag him to the car for yet another visit to the tip or charity shop.

I'm 38+4 today and all has been well. A couple of minor hiccups with a trace of protein on a couple of occasions and one visit to the delivery suite last Sunday as convinced my hands were swollen. All was fine; got seen straight away by midwife and then doctor and they even gave me lunch! So very good prompt treatment there. Had my last growth scan (no. 13) on Monday and estimated weight at 38 wks was 8lbs 11. Section is booked for next Wednesday so just counting down the days. My husband and I are still quite worried that something will go wrong probably as we are getting so close but being as positive as we can. Hard to believe that this time next week, I should be home from hospital with my new baby as long as all straightforward. My parents are flying in for the delivery so everyone is very excited. That's about all from me for now! Paula, hope you are doing ok - I'll be having my section on your due date. Cx
Back to top Go down
MrsCav
Forum Friend
MrsCav

My story - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: My story   My story - Page 5 EmptyFri 20 Mar 2009, 12:19 pm

Hi everyone,

I'm still waiting for something to happen i'm 39+2 today and keep being sick so not a happy bunny just want it out now!! I'm not having a section as it would be very difficult to look after a very very active 2 and a half year old so it VBAC all the way i hope. They also don't want to induce me as it puts more pressure on the scar so just got to wait.

Can't wait for baby news from carrie keeps us posted and i'll do the same.
I've also had a few traces of protien and have a few tests but they all showed nothing so don't know i wonder if it's because of previous problems? As both me and carrie have had it so anyone else had this aswell?
Back to top Go down
Lacey
Forum Friend

My story - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: My story   My story - Page 5 EmptyFri 20 Mar 2009, 12:29 pm

Good Luck to both of you for the next few days!

You've both been an inspiration and have done so well.

I'm now 33+4 and have been really well. This pregnancy has been so different to the last one but unfortunately complicated by Rhesus Disease.

My care has been incredible and I can't fault any aspect of it. I'm booked in for a section at 38 weeks (4 weeks 3 days to go!) as due to the Rhesus problems little bean will be safer out than in by then!

I'll look out for protein traces but so far their hasn't been any and my BP has been fine although it does creep up now and again.

Good luck again Carrie and Paula!

Lacey xx
Back to top Go down
ingrid
Forum Friend
ingrid

My story - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: My story   My story - Page 5 EmptyFri 20 Mar 2009, 7:24 pm

Carrie and Paula

I wish you both well in your forthcoming events I hope everything goes smoothly and congratulations cheers to both of you getting this far with only a few wobbles

Good Luck

Ingrid xx
Back to top Go down
Laurie
Admin

My story - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: My story   My story - Page 5 EmptySat 21 Mar 2009, 7:34 am

From me, too!! it's been nine years since I was in your shoes (Jim was born on April 5 at 42+3 Shocked) and I remember this period so well. If I had any advice it would be just to go with the flow. We invest so much in the birth - overall we hope that we stay PE free, but then we add all of our expectations for our previous births to our hopes for this one. It can be overwhelming, and hard to keep remembering that there is almost no such thing as a textbook birth. Out of hundred births, you can subtract at least ten for PE, at least another ten for failure to progress, another three for breech, who knows how many for induction...

Take good care, ladies, and you have my express permission to smack anyone who says to you it a stupid little singsong voice (while all the time aghast at your enormous belly), "Ooh, are you still here?"

xx
Back to top Go down
HelenA
Forum Friend
HelenA

My story - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: My story   My story - Page 5 EmptySat 21 Mar 2009, 7:32 pm

Good luck to you both, Carrie and Paula. Will keep checking in for news.
Back to top Go down
mouse
Forum Friend
mouse

My story - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: My story   My story - Page 5 EmptySat 21 Mar 2009, 8:21 pm

Hi both of you. You're so close & must be so excited to meet your little ones!
My VBAC was fine Paula & that was only 15 months after the first one, hope the same goes for you.
I hope your section is a good experience for you Carrie - a planned section should be a calm, lovely way to meet your new baby.
Will keep an eye out for both of your news.
Big hugs to you both
xxx
Back to top Go down
sparkling
Forum Friend

My story - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: My story   My story - Page 5 EmptyMon 23 Mar 2009, 6:15 pm

good luck it all sounds v promising.
Back to top Go down
MrsCav
Forum Friend
MrsCav

My story - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: My story   My story - Page 5 EmptyFri 27 Mar 2009, 2:59 pm

Hi everyone just a quick update.
I'm still hanging on to this baby 40+2 now and i've just had a sweep (not very pleasent!!) and my blood pressure is ok creeping up a bit but it always does when i go to the hospital rarther then just my midwife. My induction date is set for 6th april so i'm hoping it's before then. Not long now. I hope carrie's section went to plan and she is cradleing a beautiful baby as we speak and hope my time is not too far away.

Keep watching that new arrivals section everyone.
Back to top Go down
ingrid
Forum Friend
ingrid

My story - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: My story   My story - Page 5 EmptyFri 27 Mar 2009, 3:31 pm

Hi

I have just posted on another thread as I noticed you were over, well done you getting to term all PE free cheers good luck in your forthcoming event fingers crossed all goes well looking forward to your news

Take Care

Ingrid x
Back to top Go down
Liz Pidgley
Admin
Liz Pidgley

My story - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: My story   My story - Page 5 EmptyMon 30 Mar 2009, 11:12 am

Well done from me too!

Looking forward to the announcements!

Liz
Back to top Go down
http://www.preeclampsiasupport.com
mouse
Forum Friend
mouse

My story - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: My story   My story - Page 5 EmptyTue 31 Mar 2009, 7:49 pm

I won't steal Carrie's thunder but just wanted to let you know she is home safe with a little bundle, am sure she will post soon.
xx
Back to top Go down
Liz Pidgley
Admin
Liz Pidgley

My story - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: My story   My story - Page 5 EmptyTue 31 Mar 2009, 8:21 pm

OOooooh ow exciting! I look forward to that.
Liz
Back to top Go down
Carrie06
Forum Friend
Carrie06

My story - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: My story   My story - Page 5 EmptyTue 14 Apr 2009, 1:20 pm

Paula, hope all is well and looking forward to hearing your news. Cx
Back to top Go down
mouse
Forum Friend
mouse

My story - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: My story   My story - Page 5 EmptyTue 14 Apr 2009, 8:06 pm

Oh Carrie he's gorgeous! xxx
Back to top Go down
Liz Pidgley
Admin
Liz Pidgley

My story - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: My story   My story - Page 5 EmptyTue 14 Apr 2009, 10:17 pm

Hi Lacey,

I hope all is continuing exactly as it should. Keep us posted!

Warm wishes
Liz
Back to top Go down
Carrie06
Forum Friend
Carrie06

My story - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Hello again   My story - Page 5 EmptyFri 18 Dec 2009, 6:03 pm

Hi, everyone, sorry I haven't been in touch. Aidan will be 9 months old on Christmas Day so time has flown by very quickly and 2010 is getting closer with the prospect of returning to work at some point. Unfortunately despite the birth of our fantastic little boy, 2009 has not proved the best year for me. I have spent most of the past 9 months going back and forward to the hospital where Aidan was born and have had two operations, the most recent being 3 weeks ago. I was diagnosed with borderline tumors on both ovaries so have had to have a bilateral oophorectomy and hysterectomy which has been fairly devastating with all that it has brought. I am luckier than a lot of people in that the tumors were borderline so not malignant and not benign either....a funny type of tumor which has a near 100% prognosis after the surgery I have had so I am grateful for that. This forum was so helpful to me when pregnant with Aidan so I will be back!!! I can't lift Aidan for 6 weeks as a 21lber is deemed to be too heavy to lift despite feeling absolutely fine - surgery was laprascopic and my c-section scar has proved very handy and has been opened more three times now since having Alice....a useful little slot:) Looking forward to perusing the forum and catching up with everyone. Cx
Back to top Go down
Nicki D
Forum Friend
Nicki D

My story - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: My story   My story - Page 5 EmptyFri 18 Dec 2009, 6:11 pm

Oh Carrie, poor you, you really have had a rollercoaster year haven't you. I hope you're physically recovered very quickly so you can pick up Aidan - he must be so confused bless him! I'm sure the emotional scars will take a lot longer to heal, sending you lots of love and hugs.

Nicki x
Back to top Go down
MrsCav
Forum Friend
MrsCav

My story - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: My story   My story - Page 5 EmptySat 19 Dec 2009, 8:08 pm

Hi carrie,

It's nice to hear from you it's been so long since we both posted. So sorry to hear your news glad to hear your on the mend.
I too found this site extremely useful while i was pregnant and feel that we both helped each other going through the same thing at the same time was good for me.
Can't believe that babies are now 8 months old how time flies.
Take care keep well and have an amazing christmas with your family.
Love paula.
Back to top Go down
mouse
Forum Friend
mouse

My story - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: My story   My story - Page 5 EmptySun 20 Dec 2009, 9:50 pm

Hi Carrie it's lovely to hear from you but I'm so sorry that you've had such a bad year. I'm really pleased that your ovarian tumors were benign end of the spectrum & that you're recovering well from the ops. Must have been a real shock to have such a big operation, I'm so pleased you've got Aiden to focus on. He's a real cutie.
Hope you all have a wonderful Christmas & a very healthy & happy 2009.
Lots of love xxx
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

My story - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: My story   My story - Page 5 Empty

Back to top Go down

My story
Page 5 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5