Pre Eclampsia support
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Pre Eclampsia support

For Women & their families who have suffered with Pre Eclampsia, Eclampsia, HELLP syndrome, Pregnancy induced hypertension (PIH) and related conditions.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

my journey starts today

Go down 
+5
Laurie
Lesley
Liz Pidgley
HelenA
sparkling
9 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Laurie
Admin

my journey starts today - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: my journey starts today   my journey starts today - Page 2 EmptySun 19 Jul 2009, 9:21 pm

Yay!! Hope the time goes quickly for you...
Back to top Go down
Liz Pidgley
Admin
Liz Pidgley

PostSubject: Re: my journey starts today   my journey starts today - Page 2 EmptyTue 21 Jul 2009, 12:25 pm

Yay!!!! At last! I hope it goes as well as you expect.

Keep us posted!
Liz
Back to top Go down
http://www.preeclampsiasupport.com
sparkling
Forum Friend

PostSubject: Re: my journey starts today   my journey starts today - Page 2 EmptyWed 22 Jul 2009, 3:21 pm

list of questions is forming but i need to write it down.

i also have a midwife appointment the day before to talk throuhg some of the options i have open to me and a bit about last time beforei see the main man.

I'm not PG btw!
Back to top Go down
sparkling
Forum Friend

PostSubject: Re: my journey starts today   my journey starts today - Page 2 EmptyThu 13 Aug 2009, 11:07 am

my appointment is in 1 hour and 24 minutes time. I'm nervous it's horrible it really is.

I'm armed with my questions. I need to go get some lunch though as it'll be embarassing with a rumbly tum trying to discuss all of this.
Back to top Go down
Lesley
Forum Friend
Lesley

PostSubject: Re: my journey starts today   my journey starts today - Page 2 EmptyThu 13 Aug 2009, 12:42 pm

Hope it goes well love. xxx
Back to top Go down
sparkling
Forum Friend

PostSubject: Re: my journey starts today   my journey starts today - Page 2 EmptyThu 13 Aug 2009, 3:27 pm

I'm back! a long wait and a bit of confusion as there were 2 Elizabeth Thompsons waiting to be seen and they weren't sure who was who and crossed one off as they thought it was a mistake!
Anyway I was seen eventually and have had tonnes of blood (okay just 6 viles of the stuff) but it felt like a lot.

good news despite being a nervous wreck before going in and sweating about this for days and weeks and even months I guess. I feel a weight has been lifted off me.

It was a really really productive appointment.

I actually got to see the Professor himself. We went thoruhg the Eleanor story and pregancy story from last time and he believes it was a freak even unlikely to happen again. He reckoned the chances were about 30% but i would be treated with Asprin. He also was happy for me to have a 2nd pregnancy managed by York so that's another decision made for me which was what i was struggling with the other day.

We talked through the issues and what happened and he believes that the problems started around 22 weeks which is why i presented feeling terrible at 24 weeks and was eventually admitted at 27 weeks. I probably did have severe pre eclampsia but because of the fast onset and recovery this points to it being a baby issue more than anything.

the placenta being poor and gritty and generally rubbish indicates that.

Anyway i'll be managed with asprin and possible heparin i've had some coagulant blood screens done today to see if there's anything underlying there already.

Even better he thinks i'm likely to have a normal pregnancy next time which is great news and might have one of these babies called a regular term baby - concept. I understand that you take these ones home pretty much straight away and they're not kept in a SCBU for 5 months. However we'll just have to wait and see!

I feel much more positive about things and really feel as if all the fuss was worth it.

Thanks for all your support to date it's good to konw that you're there.
Back to top Go down
Liz Pidgley
Admin
Liz Pidgley

PostSubject: Re: my journey starts today   my journey starts today - Page 2 EmptyFri 14 Aug 2009, 1:38 pm

What fantastic news!

I am so pleased you got to see Prof himself & that the appointment was so9 positive.

Keep us posted!
Liz
Back to top Go down
sparkling
Forum Friend

PostSubject: Re: my journey starts today   my journey starts today - Page 2 EmptySat 29 Aug 2009, 12:07 pm

thanks liz i'm just waiting for the letter from him now and it's kind of urgent because this morning

i tested and I'm 4 weeks pregnant. gulp.

ummmmmmmmmm fingers crossed.
Back to top Go down
ingrid
Forum Friend
ingrid

PostSubject: Re: my journey starts today   my journey starts today - Page 2 EmptySat 29 Aug 2009, 12:45 pm

Sparkling well done you cheers glad all has so far been positive for you and if you are pregnant I would start taking aspirin now, My daughter did and carried on until Dylan was born fingers crossed all goes well for you

Take care

Ingrid x
Back to top Go down
Caroline
Forum Friend
Caroline

PostSubject: Re: my journey starts today   my journey starts today - Page 2 EmptySat 29 Aug 2009, 3:37 pm

Congratulations!! Hope you have a PE free pregnancy.

xxx
Back to top Go down
Lesley
Forum Friend
Lesley

PostSubject: Re: my journey starts today   my journey starts today - Page 2 EmptySat 29 Aug 2009, 3:44 pm

Just replied to your pm love but wanted to say congrats publicly as well. Very Happy Here when you need me and for shopping as well! Laughing
Back to top Go down
sparkling
Forum Friend

PostSubject: Re: my journey starts today   my journey starts today - Page 2 EmptySat 29 Aug 2009, 4:34 pm

thanks everyone.

I've been advised to start asprin at 12 weeks and i hope it does the business.

will keep you all posted.
Back to top Go down
Liz Pidgley
Admin
Liz Pidgley

PostSubject: Re: my journey starts today   my journey starts today - Page 2 EmptyWed 02 Sep 2009, 11:52 am

Huge Congratulations on the positive test!

I hope Profs letter comes soon, if it hasnt come in the next week or so - give his secretary a nudge!

Keep in touch!

Best Wishes
Liz
Back to top Go down
mouse
Forum Friend
mouse

PostSubject: Re: my journey starts today   my journey starts today - Page 2 EmptyTue 08 Sep 2009, 8:51 pm

Congratulations on the positive test, really hope you have a straightforward pregnancy this time round
Wishing you all the best
xxx
Back to top Go down
sparkling
Forum Friend

PostSubject: Re: my journey starts today   my journey starts today - Page 2 EmptyMon 14 Sep 2009, 3:34 pm

still no letter from teh Prof so as i've been a way for a week got the EPAU at Jimmys on the case.

THey've managed to get one of the other consultants to dictate something from his notes of our meeting. I should be able to pick it up tomorrow afternoon.

I've also started my low dose asprin today and have my booking in appointment tomorrow.

keep those fingers crossed everyone.
Back to top Go down
sparkling
Forum Friend

PostSubject: Re: my journey starts today   my journey starts today - Page 2 EmptyMon 14 Sep 2009, 3:35 pm

sorry how rude of me.

Thanks for all your well wishes. I'll keep you posted!
Back to top Go down
littlejacksmum
Forum Friend

PostSubject: Re: my journey starts today   my journey starts today - Page 2 EmptyTue 15 Sep 2009, 3:06 pm

Congratulations sparkling!! Here's to a long and healthy pregnancy!!
Back to top Go down
sparkling
Forum Friend

PostSubject: Re: my journey starts today   my journey starts today - Page 2 EmptyThu 24 Sep 2009, 1:10 pm

well we're now at 8 weeks pg. I have my letter from St James and my Consultant at York has a copy!

Asprin not going well - it's making me quite sick. So i'm now on Gaviscon to couteract that. However the clinically proven benefits of asprin far outway the nausea. The gaviscon is helping a lot. However I thought the gaviscon could wait until much later on in this PG! The thought though of feeling sick until 36 weeks makes me feel quite ill so I'll take the gaviscon thanks. My Gp was great with that one actually.

I have my first consultant appointment on 2nd October and my first scan on 22nd October. The consultant better not scan me on the 2nd as my H can't come with me that day.

I still need to work important things out like when i can finish work though.

So i guess it's all watch this space stuff!

thanks for all your well wishes.
Back to top Go down
Liz Pidgley
Admin
Liz Pidgley

PostSubject: Re: my journey starts today   my journey starts today - Page 2 EmptyThu 24 Sep 2009, 1:21 pm

Hi Sparkling,

Its really great to hear, despite the nausea, that you sound so sparkling too!

Let me know how you get on next week.

Best Wishes
Liz
Back to top Go down
mouse
Forum Friend
mouse

PostSubject: Re: my journey starts today   my journey starts today - Page 2 EmptyThu 24 Sep 2009, 8:57 pm

Hi there, glad it's all going well so far. Glad the Gaviscon is helping with the aspirin - might be worth asking your GP about ranitidine - is an antacid you take twice a day & safe in pregnancy & would help reduce the swigging of Gaviscon all day!
Good luck for scans
xx
Back to top Go down
sparkling
Forum Friend

PostSubject: Re: my journey starts today   my journey starts today - Page 2 EmptyThu 08 Oct 2009, 12:37 pm

The latest news.

I've been really quite unwell with the nausea which has turned into sickness and the exhaustion is soemthing else. Anyway I've seen the consultant Mr Dwyer and had a scan. My due date is now 8th May 2010. So my scan was at 8+6 so i wasn't far out with my dates.

He didnt' think the asprin was the cause because it's low dose etc etc so sent me packing.
My BP unsurprisingly was up at this appointment - may be to do with the fact it took 3 machines before they got a decent reading...

Anyway after a horrendous weekend where i thought the only answer was to run away and leave my husband and daughter to fend for themselves I agreed with Mr S that things can not continue in this way and trotted off to the GP again.

I now have some Omerprazol (sp) tablets which so far seem to be settling the acid problem and I'm feeling remarkably more human. The more human bit may also relate to the fact that I've actually had something to eat at every meal for the past 2 days...

I'm also eating bananas as I've been told that they can help keep your BP down and I'll give anythign a go.

So I'm now 9+5 and a little less sick feeling and hoping things improve from here on in.

My next scan is just before Christmas and at that point we'll talk about how frequently to look at doppler flows and I'll need to see someone.

it's all happened quite fast and I think I'm now sorted with who i need to see when. Next apponitment in 6 weeks time with the comm midwife which feels like ages away but then again if there's nothing happening i should enjoy the lack of apponitments whilst I can.

Oh and I told my employer and my news went down badly. However there's sod all they can do about it other than make sure they fulfill the promises of their risk assessment this time....
Back to top Go down
Lesley
Forum Friend
Lesley

PostSubject: Re: my journey starts today   my journey starts today - Page 2 EmptyThu 08 Oct 2009, 11:04 pm

Be firm and possitive love. Hope the omeprazole works for you, it does for me when I take ab's. Lets get together soon. xxx
Back to top Go down
Liz Pidgley
Admin
Liz Pidgley

PostSubject: Re: my journey starts today   my journey starts today - Page 2 EmptyFri 09 Oct 2009, 2:05 pm

Sparkling - I just love the tone of your last post! Very matter of fact esp with your employer!!

I am sorry to hear you have been feeling rough though. Have your tried ginger? Anything with ginger in it is a natural anti-emetic so may help the nausea. I found keeping a biscuit by my bed at night to suck on (eeew) really helped the early morning 'waves'.

Keep us posted - you are welcome to come and offload anytime of course!

Warm wishes
Liz
Back to top Go down
sparkling
Forum Friend

PostSubject: Re: my journey starts today   my journey starts today - Page 2 EmptySun 11 Oct 2009, 8:43 pm

lesley - will drop you a line i'm trying to work out when i have a free wednesday as I'm terrified of over doing it!

thanks liz - I think being matter of fact is something i do well. The reason I'm used to do stuff because I can tend to leave the emotion out when i need to. It certainly helps when dealing with the NHS being a blubbering terrified wreck doesn't help anyone. I can save that for later.

I've found it helps just writing it down and this post will be an interesting diary of what happened with baby no2.

Just need to convince Mr S that he really needs to find out what flavour this one is. I have 10 weeks and 2 days to do that in.

I feel i don't need any surprises this time. Last time was plenty eventful.

As for the ginger - that has to be the worst thing ever the smell of it makes me gag really badly - why i don't know i used to like gingerbread men!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: my journey starts today   my journey starts today - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

my journey starts today
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2