Pre Eclampsia support
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Pre Eclampsia support

For Women & their families who have suffered with Pre Eclampsia, Eclampsia, HELLP syndrome, Pregnancy induced hypertension (PIH) and related conditions.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

protein

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
berrylicious
Forum Friend
berrylicious

protein Empty
PostSubject: protein   protein EmptySun 31 May 2009, 7:51 pm

hi, can anyone help me wiht the protein question..... I had a trace at 15 weeks, when I visited my consultant, and I can self test at home, and it's STILL there. I'm now 17 weeks.

What does it mean, does it mean the pre e is on it's way pale I'm really worried, I cling to the hope I can carry this little one further than matthew. My bp is controlled by methyldopa so it's stable, but then I worry that it wont be detected if there are bp problems arising, because I'm medicated. Do you know what I mean?
Back to top Go down
mouse
Forum Friend
mouse

protein Empty
PostSubject: Re: protein   protein EmptyTue 02 Jun 2009, 8:33 pm

Hi there.
A trace of protein doesn't mean PE is on it's way & will probably come & go through your pregnancy - it can be due to a contaminant.
If you're at all concerned get it checked out for reassurance - the hospital can do a PCR & check the exact amount of protein in your wee. After what has happened before the hospital will understand.
xxxx
Back to top Go down
Liz Pidgley
Admin
Liz Pidgley

protein Empty
PostSubject: Re: protein   protein EmptyWed 03 Jun 2009, 1:44 pm

Hi Berrylicious,

I would reiterate all that Mouse has said really. Having the trace doesnt mean PE is on its way at all and probably will come & go through out the pregnancy.
I understand your worry that the Methyldopa will 'mask' any Pe that might be lurking, but proteinuria often shows before the hypertension anyway. So as long as you are not getting more than a 1+ of protien and importantly no new rises of high BP, baby is growing and fidgeting chances are, all is well.

Althoough PE robs us of a 'worry free' pregnancy, it also shows us how pregnancy shouldnt feel. This is your safety net. If in your heart of hearts you feel something isnt right then your care givers must hear you.
As you are 17 weeks now is a good time to be asking when you will get a doppler scan too!

The Doppler will be able to give some really good markers about the efficiency of the placenta & therefore your liklihood of PE re occuring in this pregnancy. Even if the result shows that there is high resisitance & you are at increased risk of recuurance, then this time around precautions can be taken to try and keep you cooking for longer as opposed to 'emergency management'.

I hope this helps - do keep us posted.

Warm Wishes
Liz
Back to top Go down
http://www.preeclampsiasupport.com
berrylicious
Forum Friend
berrylicious

protein Empty
PostSubject: Re: protein   protein EmptyWed 03 Jun 2009, 4:21 pm

thank you, i was awffy worried Crying or Very sad

I feel like a ticking bomb really

what's a doppler scan.... is that when they measure the blood flow through the cord???? I had that wiht matthew but not hollie, and matthew's showed a significant notch early on.

I kind of feel I dont want to know in a strange way.... because it was a real emergecy wiht hollie, but she was absolutely fine, and 37 weeks gestation. But they saw it coming wiht matthew, and I just feel a little hasty wiht his delivery, and he was such a wee soul. BUt I guess it's better to be prepared.
Back to top Go down
Liz Pidgley
Admin
Liz Pidgley

protein Empty
PostSubject: Re: protein   protein EmptyWed 03 Jun 2009, 10:10 pm

Hi

Yas a doppler measures the blood flow across the placenta. Any increased resistance or 'notching' maybe indicative of the placental arteries not functioning as they should.
Equally it may show nothing & you can relax a little knowing everyting is behaving as it should?

Hope this helps.
Liz
Back to top Go down
becky83
Forum Friend
becky83

protein Empty
PostSubject: Re: protein   protein EmptyMon 08 Jun 2009, 5:16 pm

hope all is well hun x
Back to top Go down
berrylicious
Forum Friend
berrylicious

protein Empty
PostSubject: Re: protein   protein EmptyMon 08 Jun 2009, 6:09 pm

the trace went last week, it was nil when I had local midwife.

just waiting on the 20 week scan now, I hope so much the clexane has made a difference and there is no notch
Back to top Go down
Liz Pidgley
Admin
Liz Pidgley

protein Empty
PostSubject: Re: protein   protein EmptyTue 09 Jun 2009, 2:07 pm

Hi Berrylicious,

When is your 20 week scan & doppler?
Fingers are all crossed for no notching!

Best Wishes
Liz
Back to top Go down
berrylicious
Forum Friend
berrylicious

protein Empty
PostSubject: Re: protein   protein EmptyTue 09 Jun 2009, 7:43 pm

hiya liz

my scan is the 23rd june, it cant come quick enough, I just want to know.
Back to top Go down
Liz Pidgley
Admin
Liz Pidgley

protein Empty
PostSubject: Re: protein   protein EmptyWed 10 Jun 2009, 9:25 pm

Fingers & everything else crossed for you.

Best Wishes
Liz
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

protein Empty
PostSubject: Re: protein   protein Empty

Back to top Go down

protein
Page 1 of 1