Pre Eclampsia support
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Pre Eclampsia support

For Women & their families who have suffered with Pre Eclampsia, Eclampsia, HELLP syndrome, Pregnancy induced hypertension (PIH) and related conditions.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Just a personal question...!!

Go down 
+3
jules
Laurie
Bea's Mummy
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Bea's Mummy
Forum Friend

Just a personal question...!! Empty
PostSubject: Just a personal question...!!   Just a personal question...!! EmptyMon 15 Feb 2010, 7:15 pm

Hello,
Just a few personal questions and a bit of research to help me become more rational. My hubby and I started trying again in Dec for another baby and so far no luck. Basically, just wondering how long it took for you all to get pregnant? It only took 2 months with Beatrice. I suppose because I feel desperate, I'm panicing it's not going to happen. Also realise that stressing over it won't help either - I can't help it!!

Lizzie
Back to top Go down
Laurie
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Just a personal question...!!   Just a personal question...!! EmptyTue 16 Feb 2010, 8:39 am

Hi Lizzie
It took me nearly eighteen months to conceive successfully with Jim, my younger boy. He's seven years younger than his brother (so it took me nearly six years to get the courage up to try again). I had a very early miscarriage in those 18 months and also endometriosis, but seriously, I'm sure stress had a major role to play. I'm a university lecturer, with a very heavy work load, but every four years or so we get a semester off for research - I went on research leave on the Friday, and was pregnant by Sunday evening. Shocked
We should be able to enjoy this bit, if only this bit (!), but it can take time for your body to just let go. It will happen!
Laurie
Back to top Go down
jules
Forum Friend
jules

PostSubject: Re: Just a personal question...!!   Just a personal question...!! EmptyTue 16 Feb 2010, 10:11 am

There's no reason to think pre-eclampsia would alter your fertility - so if you got pregnant easily before you probably will get pregnant again (even if it takes a bit longer the next time). Try not to worry about that one xx
Back to top Go down
Liz Pidgley
Admin
Liz Pidgley

PostSubject: Re: Just a personal question...!!   Just a personal question...!! EmptyTue 16 Feb 2010, 1:25 pm

Hi Lizzie,

I agree with Jules & Laurie!

There is no evidence to say that PE will affect fertility but stress has its place.
Sometimes the anxiety & 'need' to be pregnant can slow the process down!

Best Wishes
Liz
Back to top Go down
http://www.preeclampsiasupport.com
Bea's Mummy
Forum Friend

PostSubject: Re: Just a personal question...!!   Just a personal question...!! EmptyTue 16 Feb 2010, 1:25 pm

Thanks ladies! Laurie, I bet you had given up hope after all of that time? It's lovely when it all works out in the end. Jule's I know you're right, trying to take the it will happen when my bodies ready approach this month. Feel much calmer today, think I was having an emotional irrational moment.
Back to top Go down
Laurie
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Just a personal question...!!   Just a personal question...!! EmptyTue 16 Feb 2010, 2:24 pm

No, never gave up hope, but was pretty fatalistic about whether it was meant to be, and once I WAS pregnant I couldn't help but feel a little anxious. I got pregnant on my 37th birthday (I know this...) and was worried that I was pushing it age-wise!
Back to top Go down
becky83
Forum Friend
becky83

PostSubject: Re: Just a personal question...!!   Just a personal question...!! EmptyWed 17 Feb 2010, 6:06 pm

we started trying in august for number two and im now 6weeks pregnant x
Back to top Go down
Bea's Mummy
Forum Friend

PostSubject: Re: Just a personal question...!!   Just a personal question...!! EmptyWed 17 Feb 2010, 8:20 pm

Thanks Becky, that puts my mind at ease xx
Back to top Go down
Mossy
Forum Friend
Mossy

PostSubject: Re: Just a personal question...!!   Just a personal question...!! EmptyThu 18 Feb 2010, 7:27 pm

I've been lucky and have fallen pregnant first month of trying nearly everytime. However I have a history of MC. After my last MC I fell pregnant after my second month and I'm now 10 weeks
Back to top Go down
Bea's Mummy
Forum Friend

PostSubject: Re: Just a personal question...!!   Just a personal question...!! EmptyFri 19 Feb 2010, 8:34 pm

Glad to hear that you are 10 weeks, lots of luck for the rest of the pregnancy x
Back to top Go down
sparkling
Forum Friend

PostSubject: Re: Just a personal question...!!   Just a personal question...!! EmptyThu 25 Feb 2010, 8:54 am

1st month 1st time.
2nd month 2nd time.

No I'm not going for a 3rd to find out if that's 3rd time 3rd month!

good luck!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Just a personal question...!!   Just a personal question...!! Empty

Back to top Go down

Just a personal question...!!
Page 1 of 1