Pre Eclampsia support
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Pre Eclampsia support

For Women & their families who have suffered with Pre Eclampsia, Eclampsia, HELLP syndrome, Pregnancy induced hypertension (PIH) and related conditions.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Advice needed please no growth on scan

Go down 
+2
Liz Pidgley
Sian
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Sian
Forum Friend

Advice needed please no growth on scan Empty
PostSubject: Advice needed please no growth on scan   Advice needed please no growth on scan EmptyFri 30 May 2008, 11:26 am

Hi everyone, esp Liz!

I have lurked for a long time on the apec forum but never posted, but i just wondered if anyone could help me out on this. I will post my story when I am less stressed....

This is my third pregnancy, my first ended in an eclamptic fit at 38 weeks and my second with a placental abruption at 37 weeks. I am very very lucky to have two gorgeous children as both times it could have been a different story.

I am now 34weeks +6 days and my bp is fine, sometimes traces of protein. This pregnancy has been a bit of a nightmare in other ways with severe nausea and now spd but no pe - yet...

I went to the hospital yesterday as the baby wasnt moving, the ctg was fine but when they scanned me the baby had hardly grown at all since my last scan a couple of weeks ago they estimated a weight gain of only 90grams which isn't good.

I went back this morning for another ctg which was ok and saw the consultant, I have to go back in tomorrow for another ctg and am having another doppler scan on Monday.

My bp was 100/70 (although they used the biggest cuff I have ever seen !) My question is, why has the baby stopped growing, is the pe back? I have really bad headaches but that is all. I am worried sick, the consultant said that baby was happy which reassured me a bit. But when I was having my daughter (first baby) I was told that babies that stop growing die if they aren't delivered in time. This baby hasn't grown much at all since 32+5, both my other children stopped or slowed growth around this time and both had IUGR. Are there other reasons why babies stop growing?? Sorry this is so long I am just panicking.

Sian
xx
Back to top Go down
Liz Pidgley
Admin
Liz Pidgley

PostSubject: Re: Advice needed please no growth on scan   Advice needed please no growth on scan EmptyFri 30 May 2008, 4:15 pm

Hi Sian,

Welcome to the site! I have PMd you!

There are lots of reasons why it maybe or seem baby is not growing. I suggest you talk it through with the consultant as to Why he feels your baby might be IUGR.
Be firm & dont be fobbed off especially if you are anxious.

Warm Wishes
Liz
Back to top Go down
http://www.preeclampsiasupport.com
Sian
Forum Friend

PostSubject: Re: Advice needed please no growth on scan   Advice needed please no growth on scan EmptySun 08 Jun 2008, 1:01 pm

Hi Liz

I just wanted to say thanks so much for the chat the other night it really helped.

Just to update you I have been going up to the hospital for my ctgs and bp checks and so far so good and I am 36+1 today!!!!

I will keep you updated and thanks again for your support

Sian
xx
Back to top Go down
Liz Pidgley
Admin
Liz Pidgley

PostSubject: Re: Advice needed please no growth on scan   Advice needed please no growth on scan EmptySun 08 Jun 2008, 2:15 pm

Hi Sian,

It was a pleasure to chat to you - Im glad you found it helpful.
Keep us posted on how you & baby are doing.
Best Wishes
Liz
Back to top Go down
mouse
Forum Friend
mouse

PostSubject: Re: Advice needed please no growth on scan   Advice needed please no growth on scan EmptyMon 16 Jun 2008, 8:54 pm

Hi Sian, hope all is going well - you must be 37 weeks now. Glad it was only a scare with that scan in May & that all seems to be going well now.
Will watch out for your news.
Lots of love
Mouse xx
Back to top Go down
Sian
Forum Friend

PostSubject: Re: Advice needed please no growth on scan   Advice needed please no growth on scan EmptyWed 23 Jul 2008, 10:58 pm

Hi Mouse

Thank you for your reply, sorry for the delay I was in and out of hospital until I had my little boy on 23 June, he was a huge 3090 grams or 6lb 13oz to the likes of me!

I had no pe, which I still cant get my head round, we called him Malachi and he is a little doll, he is a month old now and only 7lb 8oz.

I am just so glad it is all over and so pleased that he isn't IUGR like my other two all though he still looks like he is bless him.

I hope that my success gives others some hope that it can be done even with a history like mine!

xx
Back to top Go down
HelenA
Forum Friend
HelenA

PostSubject: Re: Advice needed please no growth on scan   Advice needed please no growth on scan EmptyThu 24 Jul 2008, 7:04 am

Congratulations Sian! What a lovely name. I hope Malachi continues to do well!
Back to top Go down
Liz Pidgley
Admin
Liz Pidgley

PostSubject: Re: Advice needed please no growth on scan   Advice needed please no growth on scan EmptyThu 24 Jul 2008, 9:55 am

Hi Sian,

Welcome back!

And Congratulations on the safe arrival of Malachi.
I know your pregnancy was hugely stressful for you & hope that now your stresses are just the normal parenting ones!

Enjoy every moment with your new baby.
Warm Wishes
Liz
Back to top Go down
Penny
Forum Friend
Penny

PostSubject: Re: Advice needed please no growth on scan   Advice needed please no growth on scan EmptyThu 24 Jul 2008, 3:53 pm

Hi Sian,
Huge Congratulations. Am loving his name too... I must love all names beginning in 'M' ! Laughing
Hope you are all doing ok. xxxxxxxxx
Back to top Go down
ingrid
Forum Friend
ingrid

PostSubject: Re: Advice needed please no growth on scan   Advice needed please no growth on scan EmptyThu 24 Jul 2008, 8:17 pm

Huge congratulations on the birth of your son Malachi king so glad it was PE free.

hope all is going well with you all

take care

Ingrid x
Back to top Go down
mouse
Forum Friend
mouse

PostSubject: Re: Advice needed please no growth on scan   Advice needed please no growth on scan EmptyFri 25 Jul 2008, 2:01 pm

Hi Sian,
Huge congratulations on being 3rd time lucky with no PE or IUGR. Malachi is a beautiful name & I'm sure he'll bring you lots & lots of happiness.
Lots of love
Mouse xxx
Back to top Go down
Sian
Forum Friend

PostSubject: Re: Advice needed please no growth on scan   Advice needed please no growth on scan EmptyWed 06 Aug 2008, 4:01 pm

Thank you all so much for your posts, still can't believe I did it pe free!! I am just so glad all the stress is gone.

xx
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Advice needed please no growth on scan   Advice needed please no growth on scan Empty

Back to top Go down

Advice needed please no growth on scan
Page 1 of 1