Pre Eclampsia support
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Pre Eclampsia support

For Women & their families who have suffered with Pre Eclampsia, Eclampsia, HELLP syndrome, Pregnancy induced hypertension (PIH) and related conditions.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

I hope it doesnt happen again!

Go down 
+2
Liz Pidgley
becky83
6 posters
AuthorMessage
becky83
Forum Friend
becky83

I hope it doesnt happen again! Empty
PostSubject: I hope it doesnt happen again!   I hope it doesnt happen again! EmptyTue 24 Feb 2009, 10:37 pm

hi all

my partner tonight said he wants to go to the doctors and see if we can be referred to a cons as he wants to start trying for number 2 after we're married I love you I love you we get hitched in sept 09 I love you I love you

im just wondering what happens when you're referred? do you have tests etc??

help!!

thanks
Becks x x
Back to top Go down
Liz Pidgley
Admin
Liz Pidgley

PostSubject: Re: I hope it doesnt happen again!   I hope it doesnt happen again! EmptyThu 05 Mar 2009, 3:54 pm

Hi Becky,

Congratulations on your forthcoming "hitching"!
The appointment with the Consultants are usually quite long & emotionally exhausting. Looking back at the entirety of your pregnancies is a really worthwhile process as there are often so many 'markers' that can be learned from. Family history is also important - ask your family, on all sides, about any difficulties.
Your consultant will then probably ask for a whole series of blood tests!
This will be to measure you 'pre-pregnant' as a baseline for things like kidney & liver function, blood count and perhaps most importantly coagulation screen (or thrombophilia screen). This will help decide whether you need aspirin / heparin or both throughout any pregnancy.

S/he should then plan with you what care package he recommends should you decide to go ahead. This might be taking aspirin prior to conceiving through to doppler & growth scanning, frequency of visits to a health professional, home monitoring & a 'what happens if it all goes pear-shaped' plan.

As always with this vile condition, knowledge is the best defence - and if all does go pear shaped in another pregnancy, you will know you did your best to not get caught off guard. I have just posted to someone else on another thread, with this condition, you know what pregnancy shouldnt feel like.
If it feels like that again you know to press all the alarms & to keep pressing until someone hears you.

I hope this helps Becks.
Warm wishes
Liz
Back to top Go down
http://www.preeclampsiasupport.com
becky83
Forum Friend
becky83

PostSubject: Re: I hope it doesnt happen again!   I hope it doesnt happen again! EmptyThu 05 Mar 2009, 9:09 pm

hi liz thank you for replying

i remember when i first came on here you e-mailed me some info about what questions i could ask and what i should expect to happen e.g. seeing an APEC conasultant etc.......

i saved it but have changed laptops so i have lost it Sad

any chance if you get five mins to e-mail me it again??

many thanks

Becks x x
Back to top Go down
Liz Pidgley
Admin
Liz Pidgley

PostSubject: Re: I hope it doesnt happen again!   I hope it doesnt happen again! EmptyFri 06 Mar 2009, 2:15 pm

Hi Becks,

Of course, will send it later today hopefully.

Best Wishes
Liz
Back to top Go down
becky83
Forum Friend
becky83

PostSubject: Re: I hope it doesnt happen again!   I hope it doesnt happen again! EmptyTue 24 Mar 2009, 5:54 pm

well ive been to the doc's who asked alot of questions regarding my pregnancy with my son and he has referred us Laughing

so so happy x x
Back to top Go down
Liz Pidgley
Admin
Liz Pidgley

PostSubject: Re: I hope it doesnt happen again!   I hope it doesnt happen again! EmptyTue 24 Mar 2009, 9:18 pm

Hi Becky,

I am so pleased you are happy & had a positive appointment with the doctor & got the referral you wanted!

Keep us posted!!!!

Liz
Back to top Go down
ingrid
Forum Friend
ingrid

PostSubject: Re: I hope it doesnt happen again!   I hope it doesnt happen again! EmptyWed 25 Mar 2009, 5:51 pm

Hi Becky

Glad you got your referral good luck keep us posted when you start your journey again into motherhood

Ingrid xx
Back to top Go down
becky83
Forum Friend
becky83

PostSubject: Re: I hope it doesnt happen again!   I hope it doesnt happen again! EmptyWed 25 Mar 2009, 10:05 pm

i will do, thank you both for your replies x x
Back to top Go down
becky83
Forum Friend
becky83

PostSubject: Re: I hope it doesnt happen again!   I hope it doesnt happen again! EmptyMon 20 Apr 2009, 5:53 pm

just a little update, ive still not heard anything yet!
Back to top Go down
becky83
Forum Friend
becky83

PostSubject: Re: I hope it doesnt happen again!   I hope it doesnt happen again! EmptyMon 11 May 2009, 9:33 pm

i have my appointment through!! 5th June x x
Back to top Go down
Lesley
Forum Friend
Lesley

PostSubject: Re: I hope it doesnt happen again!   I hope it doesnt happen again! EmptyMon 11 May 2009, 9:52 pm

Good luck Becky, well worth it!
Back to top Go down
sparkling
Forum Friend

PostSubject: Re: I hope it doesnt happen again!   I hope it doesnt happen again! EmptyFri 29 May 2009, 2:31 pm

glad to hear you have your appointment! I'm still waiting for mine.

I hope it goes well. good luck
Back to top Go down
becky83
Forum Friend
becky83

PostSubject: Re: I hope it doesnt happen again!   I hope it doesnt happen again! EmptyFri 29 May 2009, 7:59 pm

thank you Very Happy

we're still waiting, its a week away so when ive been ill let you know what happens x x
Back to top Go down
Liz Pidgley
Admin
Liz Pidgley

PostSubject: Re: I hope it doesnt happen again!   I hope it doesnt happen again! EmptySat 30 May 2009, 9:41 pm

Good Luck for your appointment on Friday Becky.

Liz
Back to top Go down
becky83
Forum Friend
becky83

PostSubject: Re: I hope it doesnt happen again!   I hope it doesnt happen again! EmptyMon 01 Jun 2009, 9:21 am

Hi liz

thank you! ive got all my questions written down!

when i come back after my appt i'll let you all know how it went Very Happy

Becky x x
Back to top Go down
Lesley
Forum Friend
Lesley

PostSubject: Re: I hope it doesnt happen again!   I hope it doesnt happen again! EmptyTue 02 Jun 2009, 6:07 pm

Good luck for Friday Becky. sunny
Back to top Go down
becky83
Forum Friend
becky83

PostSubject: Re: I hope it doesnt happen again!   I hope it doesnt happen again! EmptyMon 08 Jun 2009, 5:13 pm

hi all

well went and saw my consultant who advised me there is a 90% chance of me having a normal pregnancy......... and if i was unlcuky to get PE again i have a 1 in 10 chance of getting it as early as i did with Alex Smile

Im very happy but still apprehensive about having another.... i think no matter what it'll be at the back of mind and until i get to 37/38 weeks it'll akways be there and its just a case of biting the bullet and just going for it!

she said that she wants to to start taking 1/2 and aspirin before we start trying and up until 20weeks.... at 20weeks she wants a doppler scan to measure the EDF (the blood flow between me and baby) then go from there so at the moment im unsure wether i will carry on with aspirin until further on.......its a case of when we get there i think!

James wants to start trying after we get married in September!!
Back to top Go down
becky83
Forum Friend
becky83

PostSubject: Re: I hope it doesnt happen again!   I hope it doesnt happen again! EmptyMon 08 Jun 2009, 5:14 pm

my spelling / grammer is awful......... i should have read that back before i posted!
Back to top Go down
berrylicious
Forum Friend
berrylicious

PostSubject: Re: I hope it doesnt happen again!   I hope it doesnt happen again! EmptyMon 08 Jun 2009, 6:10 pm

good luck becky, keep us updated wiht how things go

I took aspirin all the way through wiht matthew
Back to top Go down
becky83
Forum Friend
becky83

PostSubject: Re: I hope it doesnt happen again!   I hope it doesnt happen again! EmptyTue 09 Jun 2009, 12:42 pm

thank you! how far did youget with matthew?
Back to top Go down
berrylicious
Forum Friend
berrylicious

PostSubject: Re: I hope it doesnt happen again!   I hope it doesnt happen again! EmptyTue 09 Jun 2009, 12:52 pm

aw becky I only got to 28+3 wiht matthew unfortunately, but carried hollie to 37 weeks wiht no medication, so dont be upset or worried about other people's stories, it doesn't mean it will happen to you, each case is different, pre e is such a starnge illness.

I'm hoping to get further than matthew this time, I'm on aspirin again, and clexane injections too, as well as methyldopa for blood pressure.
Back to top Go down
Liz Pidgley
Admin
Liz Pidgley

PostSubject: Re: I hope it doesnt happen again!   I hope it doesnt happen again! EmptyTue 09 Jun 2009, 1:57 pm

Hi Becky

It sounds like you had a really positive appointment.
Of course you will be nervous all the way through a subsequent pregnancy - as the ladies have said here, it feels like waiting for the timebomb to stop ticking. Thats normal!!!!
You will relax when baby is safely in your arms....and then you get the whole new set of worries...but they are all the motherhood ones that you sign up for with children!

Keep us posted!
Best wishes
Liz
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: I hope it doesnt happen again!   I hope it doesnt happen again! Empty

Back to top Go down

I hope it doesnt happen again!
Page 1 of 1