Pre Eclampsia support
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Pre Eclampsia support

For Women & their families who have suffered with Pre Eclampsia, Eclampsia, HELLP syndrome, Pregnancy induced hypertension (PIH) and related conditions.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

So far so good, 31 weeks...

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
KookyK
Forum Friend

So far so good, 31 weeks... Empty
PostSubject: So far so good, 31 weeks...   So far so good, 31 weeks... EmptyMon 17 Jun 2013, 7:34 pm

Hello Liz! Hello all!

I came to this forum for support when I was considering whether to ttc a 2nd child after having severe pre eclampsia with my 1st child, my DD who is now 5.5. Altho my PE was 'severe' I was very lucky really as it developed fairly late, or certainly stayed mild until it was detected at 35 weeks and I managed to keep goin on BP meds until DD was 36+6. She had slight IUGR but was in good shape. I had the mag sulf drip during labour and my BP took time to go down but my bloods always stayed fairly normal. I found it a scary experience, but I know it could've been much worse. The more I found out, almost the more it scared me for next time, if there was a next time!

I saw a wonderful expert consultant prior to ttcing to seek his advice, thanks to Liz giving me the names of some people to try. He knew so much and I felt armed with as much info/facts as it is possible to know. So In Dec 2012 I fell pregnant.

Things have so far been going well! I hope they continue this way.  This time, we have looked at my PAPP-A blood result at 12 weeks (normal) and uterine Doppler scan at 23 weeks (normal no notches). My BP to date has been v good. I've had growth scans at 24 and 28 weeks and about to have 32 week scan tomorrow. Last scan baby was 48th centile!

I just thought I'd update, and then I could add to this thread as my pg continues and if things go wrong again I can 'get it out' too!

I'm not sure I'd have ttc-ed for a 2nd child had I not come here, read people's experiences and exchanged pms with Liz, and particularly without having had the support of the consultant whose name I got from Liz's list. I'm v grateful for the support !
Back to top Go down
Liz Pidgley
Admin
Liz Pidgley

PostSubject: Re: So far so good, 31 weeks...   So far so good, 31 weeks... EmptyMon 17 Jun 2013, 9:49 pm

Hi Kooky,

I cant believe you are 32 weeks already, it seems its gone so fast. Although Im not sure this is how you feel?!

Im so glad to hear that all your scans & PAPPA have all been behaving themselves. The fact there was no notching on the IU dopplers is a really good sign & I hope that this continues for you.
How are you feeling in yourself?

Im looking forward to hearing of your updates, and although I have been quiet lately, I am still here!

Warmest Wishes
Liz
Back to top Go down
http://www.preeclampsiasupport.com
KookyK
Forum Friend

PostSubject: Re: So far so good, 31 weeks...   So far so good, 31 weeks... EmptyMon 29 Jul 2013, 8:09 pm

Hello!

I'm now 37+2! Yay! Most pregnant I've ever been! To date I've had normal growth scans and placenta blood flow and normal BP all the way, no protein in any urine samples. So good!

My consultant said as a precaution she plans to induce me at 38 weeks. I have an appt tomor and the registrar said I'd be examined and a plan made. I feel kind of ambivalent as I hated being induced last time and recently read that even being born at 37-38 weeks can make a difference to health (40% more likely to need asthma inhaler - as my 37 weeker Dd does). Medically speaking I don't need to be induced yet. But then I'd hate to leave it and end up with PE and regret pushing my luck.

So I wait to see what is said tomorrow and keep counting my blessings about how luckily I've been this pregnancy (which I wouldn't have dared embark upon without this place, you - Liz, and the Prof you put me in touch with!).

Back to top Go down
Liz Pidgley
Admin
Liz Pidgley

PostSubject: Re: So far so good, 31 weeks...   So far so good, 31 weeks... EmptyThu 01 Aug 2013, 4:03 pm

Hi Kooky,

I am so exited for you! Congratulations on being so pregnant!
I am sure that you are so well informed now that you will make the right choices for you and for baby.

I cant wait to hear your news in a few weeks.

Warmest wishes
Liz

Back to top Go down
thaiba2000
Forum Friend
thaiba2000

PostSubject: Re: So far so good, 31 weeks...   So far so good, 31 weeks... EmptySat 03 Aug 2013, 10:56 pm

Congratulations and good luck! Everything will workout well. Its nice to go that little further in the present pregnancy than the last pregnancy. Ive been there. Cant wait to hear some good news soon xxxx
Back to top Go down
KookyK
Forum Friend

PostSubject: Re: So far so good, 31 weeks...   So far so good, 31 weeks... EmptyMon 19 Aug 2013, 8:05 pm

I've had my baby boy! Everything was fine. No PE!

I wasn't induced at 38 weeks as the consultant who suggested itwent on holidays, leading to an anxious couple of weeks with less senior doctors seeming unsure what to do and when to induce as I was so well. In the end I was induced at 39+4 and had him 39+6. It was a slow start with a quick end!

I had propess pessary in 1st 24 hours that did nothing much.
A prostin pessary next day at 3pm led to some pain which really ramped up from about 7.30pm but examination of cervix at 10pm showed I wasn't in proper labour (1cm) but I was allowed to continue as I was as I had contractions albeit a bit irregular.

I had been admitted to postnatal ward due to lack of space elsewhere. It was quiet and dark so I was left to get on with it. I had some pethidine at 11pm and stayed on my hands and knees breathing through it. Waters went about 12 or 12.30 am but I had to wait to be examined. I decided to call in my partner and mum despite not being in confirmed labour as felt desperate!

1.30 I was 6cm dilated and walked to labour room. About 2am mum and partner arrived. Baby's heartrate kept dipping so I was told to push and ventouse put on his head but never used as Ipushed him out at 2.41am! No stitches.

MyBP did spike to 140/100 straight afterbut then settled. Baby was fine. 7lb 7oz. He's called Hugh. I could've gone home that day but asked to stay in to rest!!!

So happy! So different to last time. I feel so well. Baby seems so big at 2lb bigger than my DD.
Back to top Go down
Liz Pidgley
Admin
Liz Pidgley

PostSubject: Congratulations!   So far so good, 31 weeks... EmptyTue 26 Nov 2013, 4:01 pm

Hi Kooky,

I cannot believe I missed this fabulous news post!

HUGE CONGRATULATIONS and welcome to the world Hugh.

Kooky I am truly delighted for you that not only did the PE stay away but you had such a positive birth experience.

Since Hugh was born back in August, how have you been getting on?

Much love with your new addition.

Warmest wishes to you & your family
Liz
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: So far so good, 31 weeks...   So far so good, 31 weeks... Empty

Back to top Go down

So far so good, 31 weeks...
Page 1 of 1